Request for profile evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Request for profile evaluation

by siddharthsahoo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:04 pm
I was hoping to receive some suggestions for applications to universities.
I haven't taken the GMAT yet.

GMAT score - 710 (Estimated by numerous mocks)
Age - 24 years
Bachelors - B.E.(Electronics) BITS Pilani 2013 (8.53/10)
Work Exp - Software Development (2013 - present, will have accumulated 3 years by 2016)
Social Work - NIL

I haven't done much outside work, but I have excelled in my workplace. I have been promoted after my first year, awarded multiple times including the yearly one.

Please let me know about where I can think of applying. Feel free to reach out if you need any other details.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by mcbMcK » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:25 am
Siddharth,

While your work trajectory seems good, but it will be important to also understand the nature of your work - whether part of a services firm or product for instance? The post-MBA goal is important too.

The one big hurdle you are likely to face is the age/years of experience - read here about the average buckets there.

So if not imperative, I would recommend consolidating your experience for another year and taking a much better shot the next year. If you are ok diluting the brand, you can try to a few lower ranked schools this year.

Hope this gives some useful perspective.
MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by AugustAcademy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:59 am
Manish is spot on - you are good for lower ranked schools this year. Otherwise, get another year and apply higher.

To see which schools you can target we need to assess the quality of your work experience - feel free to set up a call with us, and we can chat more.

Regards,
Karthik