Best Admissions Consultant for INSEAD – Access Education

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
After deciding in April 2014 to embark on a sabbatical, I decided to apply to INSEAD's MBA programme for the December 2015 intake. The Round 3 deadline was 25 July and I was based in London. Working against a tight timeline, I began researching admission counsellors who could help frame my story in a compelling manner.

Digging through blogs and websites, I came across Laura Freedman, an MBA admissions consultant from Access Education (https://www.accesseducation.com/). Her company is a high-end boutique and she's selective about who she'll work with, so she keeps a low-profile, but she came especially highly-recommended for INSEAD applicants. I shortlisted a few more names and had preliminary sessions with each to get a sense of the process and feel for how they would be able to help me.

Laura was the only admissions consultant I spoke with who laid it out to me as she saw it. She did not sugar coat her preliminary feedback and gave me no false hopes regarding my chances of getting into INSEAD's MBA programme. Her forthcoming and honest feedback left a favourable impression on me. While she appreciated my background, education and extracurricular activities, she immediately began pointing out gaps in my story she felt I needed to explain further to connect the missing dots. I decided to engage her and am so happy I did.

Laura started meeting me regularly via 90-minute Skype sessions to understand my background, experience, interests and post-MBA objectives. She easily accommodated my schedule, regardless of the time zone difference between us. She helped understand my unique value and identify the personal stories she felt held strong merit and which deserved to be told in my essays to the INSEAD admissions committee. She also helped me reflect on my past achievements in a more meaningful manner. I began to see a real progression in what I had accomplished both personally and professionally, which increased my overall confidence as I wrote my essays.

Not only is Laura an active INSEAD alumnae, but she has deep personal insights into the admissions process due to her experience as a former interviewer, INSEAD current career counsellor and longstanding alumni leader at the school (her name is even on an amphi). Her clear and objective feedback helped sharpen my essays dramatically, and her one-on-one attention was pivotal in my being able to meet the Round 3 deadline. Dealing with her directly rather than being outsourced to a larger team helped her get to know me incredibly well, and let me finish my application in the limited time I had available.

After I was invited by INSEAD to interview, Laura held mock interview sessions to help with my preparation. Not only was this a helpful to anticipate what sort of questions I might be asked, but running through mock sessions with her helped me think on my feet and built my confidence to put my best foot forward.

I cannot thank Laura enough. Without her encouragement, advice and attention, I would not be part of the INSEAD community today. She was instrumental in my success and has my highest recommendation.

Talk to her - you'll be glad you did!