Beat The Gmat 60 day schedule

This forum is dedicated to our GMAT Avengers study group. Connect with fellow test takers and stay up-to-date with the latest Avengers' news. Experts are free to contribute in answering questions.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Beat The Gmat 60 day schedule

by gauz » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:29 am
Hi,

I "tried" to follow the the 60 day beat the gmat schedule, i covered the maths part, first (24 days) but then i am stuck at the verbal, it starts with Sentence correction and there is alot to memorize as per the Manhattan books listed in this schedule (idioms chapter is where i lost my mind),

i need 3 quick tips:

1. how to avoid this roadbloack and proceed with verbal preparation (i am finding the mahattan sentence correction book very boring, there is just to much to memorize and everything other rule has an exception), need your advise

2. Is there anyone who followed the beat the gmat schedule religiously for 60 days? if so, could you please share any info on whether this is all we need before jumping up to the battle ground or is there anything else which should be covered.

3. I have been dragging out things since past 6 months so not sure how much i remember from past but what will be a realistic date to book a GMAT, I heard that booking the gmat will help in getting aligned and studying systematically

P.S - I am going the self prep way and using manhattan guides and video course as reference.

Regards,
Gauz
Last edited by gauz on Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:30 am
Hi gauz,

Preparing to face the GMAT is a big task made up of a LOT of little steps, so you have to be ready to adjust your plans if any of the steps don't go as planned. If you're not comfortable with the approach that you're currently taking, then a different approach might be required (and possibly some different resources).

Have you taken any FULL-LENGTH CATs yet (including the Essay and IR sections)? If so, then how have you scored. It's important to take FULL CATs at regular intervals so that you can track your progress.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by gauz » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:26 am
Thanks Rich,

I have taken a couple of sample tests, scored between 500-600. Looks like it, especially the verbal books are very challenging, well i am planning to stick to those books and see if things can work out.

Regards,
Gauz
Last edited by gauz on Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:24 pm
It's important to prioritize when you're preparing for the GMAT, and attempting to memorize a long list of idioms should not be a priority. Here is GMAC's statement on idioms: https://www.beatthegmat.com/idioms-and-s ... 92022.html

Anytime you get bogged down in a given area, check here to see if that area is important. If it is, someone will help provide clarification. If it isn't, move on to more important subject areas.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

by gauz » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:44 am
Thanks Dave,

your note regrading idioms really helped, i have resumed my verbal preparation (starting with Day 23 just to revise what i missed), I will keep what you said about prioritizing things in mind going forward.

Regards,
Gauz