Hiring a Second MBA Admission Consulting to Review Things?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:730
Hypothetically, let's say somebody already hired another admission consulting company to do and did do 7 hrs of work with them and had a very positive experience while doing so. Nonetheless, that applicant (for the sake of the hypo has a 3.63 UGPA, 730 GMAT, 23 Full Time Work Months) is now interested in hiring a completely different organization to do a final review/touch-ups for those two applications that were completed (let's say they are for Harvard and Stanford). He wants to only go to these schools and desires doing so that badly.

What would the be options be to accomplish that objective given this particular fact pattern?

--Russell
Russell Ross

Vanderbilt University , BS 2007
Emory University School of Law, JD 2010

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:17 members

by machichi » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:40 am
There are as many options as there are consultants. At the end of the day though, you're paying for a confidence boost and not necessarily increased admissions odds. You have the stats, you have the essays, not just fine tune with the guidance from one or two committed friends.

Remember the objective is not to go to business school, the objective is what business school does for you in your future!

One thing that is confusing is you call this a "fact pattern" and a "hypothesis". Haha, you are soo guilty as charged. But seriously though, how do you have so much cash to burn?
Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
https://www.mbabreakaway.com/
Recent post: July 12, "Summer"

by rrossjd » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:08 am
To your knowledge, which of the available consultants on the market offers the best in the way of these "confidence boost" services that you mentioned? And, how much do those packages typically cost?

Just kidding... You do have a very valid point... Thanks for free advice! And, for the confidence boost!

--Russell
Russell Ross

Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:700

by MALD2011 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:58 am
SO lets say "hypothetically" you want to hire a consultant. I say EssaySnark is the best and most honest one out there.
MBA is just one of the many ways to the destination.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:1 members

by Paul Lanzillotti » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:11 pm
For as convoluted as the question is, you pretty much nailed it. lol.
machichi wrote:There are as many options as there are consultants.
Paul Lanzillotti | Managing Partner | Amerasia Consulting Group Inc | MBA Admissions Consultants | www.amerasiaconsulting.com | [email protected]

by rrossjd » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:19 am
New Hypothetical:

After the events of the first fact pattern, a second and third admission consultant entities were hired to review the work of the first one. The two independent newly hired consultants were unaware of the first consultant's work. Turns out, both of the new ones concluded that the two relevant applications were 'less-than-par' and suggested substantial and material changes to the relevant applications. What should the applicant now do given this scenario and new added facts?
Russell Ross

by machichi » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:44 am
Harvard and Stanford are probably not that into desperate, and I'm worried you're second guessing yourself too much at every turn. You need to develop some confidence and make decisions and then stick to them. No one is going to be able to make the final cut but you.
Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.

by rrossjd » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:12 pm
It's good to know that "desperate" is not a quality that MBA programs seek. The reason that I was asking was because some company is paying me to keep a weekly journal about my application experience.

Since I've already confidently turned in most all my key applications already and done nearly everything else so far (way ahead of the deadlines), I'm kinda running out of things to write about in this journal... hence, the hypothetical's.... Accordingly, thanks for the comments!
Russell Ross

by machichi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:51 pm
how did things turn out?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by HmAdmit » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:46 am
I have availed the services of MBADream (www.mbadream.in) for admission in fall 2013, and I must say that they are excellent. The team there has been there, done that and hence can relate to what an applicant is going through.

The guys there will not write your story from the scratch, rather refine it to generate an interest for the adcoms who review your profile. So, don't assume that you are gonna go empty headed and get everything on the platter right from the start - you should have built some imagination, and what the team will do is to set it straight towards the right choice.

Moreover, in my case, I was under presumption that once my essays are done, I can handle rest of the stuff. But the guys at MBADream constantly push the applicant for perfection and put forth the fact that a consultant is not just to 'edit' the essays but show the candidate a right path and prepare for the ultimate - the start of the education. That's where I believe MBADream scores above the rest. And it's value of money too!!

by rrossjd » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:35 am
Hire me, (713) 294 6223 or reach me at [email protected]

I'll tell you everything Rice doesn't want you to know...

And, those little things that Vandy and Emory may miss...

BTW-- I am Free, just wanting to be the man I wish I had.
Russell Ross