Georgetown (McDonough) vs Vanderbilt (Owen)

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies

Georgetown (McDonough) or Vanderbilt (Owen)

Georgetown
No votes
Vanderbilt
100%

Total votes: 1

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi everyone,

As both schools are prestigious schools down South, it has been difficult to choose between Georgetown (McDonough) & Owen (Owen). Since I wanted to land a job as an equity analyst in ibanks, I do realize that the school that I choose got to have strong connections with the industry. Georgetown MBA grads mostly get into Citibank, whereas Vanderbilt has recently been building up relations with Goldman Sachs.

Im indifferent to "citylife", "parties", or other misc concerns. What I worry the most is if the mba program could provide me the best bang for my buck in terms of career opportunities.

Georgetown's MBA program has been on the Top 30s for quite awhile, whereas Vanderbilt has only been on MBA applicant's radar in recent years, which is kinda like Yale SOM 10yrs or 20yrs ago, great national ranking, undervalued business school.

Please feel free to give me any advice !!
Thanks!!!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:55 am
as you noted, these are reasonably comparable programs. I would focus most heavily of their career resources, in terms of how they match your particular interests. An MBA is essentially a "means to an end". You'll get access to lasting networks etc. but which program has the best chance to get you on your path going forward ? cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/