Stratus Prep Review

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Stratus Prep Review

by vimitgandhi87 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:17 pm
Hi,

I would like to share my thoughts on Stratus Prep that I hired for my MBA application consulting.

Right from the start, after having call with Shawn (CEO), I was convinced that this is the firm that I would like to hire for my application process. Although I took free consultation from other firms, but none sounded more promising, dynamic and vigorous as Shawn.

I was assigned one of the consultants to help on my application process for five B-schools (applied in all five but withdraw from one of them). Approach and structure used by Stratus Prep helped me to pick right stories for my essays (when essays are very open ended such as HBS one).

Although structure (identifying core personality, career goals, strengths, weakness etc.) sounds very simple it is difficult when we start putting it down on paper. Based on recommendations and advice from my consultant, I was able to create a overall structure for myself very smoothly and selectively. Following my personal story, consultant also helped me to channel my thoughts to find key stories that would be part of my essays.

Once everything was finalized, it was bit easy to start drafting essays (although I changed my stories a bit during essay writing). Consultant was very helpful (especially in reducing word count and putting right points at appropriate places) and turnaround was also pretty good. At times, turnaround took very long time and I have to follow up continuously....This happens especially when we have to submit essays for multiple schools within one week (may be Stratus Prep can find a solution to turnaround faster).

One more thing, during preparation and finalizing stories, there were calls with Shawn...although its 30 min but these calls were very fruitful & helpful for drafting my essays.

Overall my essays came out very well and got interview calls from HBS (one on one) & Wharton (team based). Stratus Prep helped me during my interviews with Mock interviews with consultant (If I remember correctly I had three interviews with Consultant) and with CEO (once). This helped to build my confidence and to choose right words/answer for given question.

Post HBS essay one has to write interview reflection and send it to HBS within 24 hours after the interview. Consultant was easily accessible during this time also and I was able to send appropriate and more professional interview reflection to HBS.

Got 2 interview calls....converted one of them (HBS) and wait-listed in other (Wharton).

I would strongly recommend that applicant seek recommendations/advice from friends/co-workers/family etc. on essays to get different eyes outside Stratus Prep. This may change your essays a bit, but its always good to have multiple views on your essays. But ultimately you should be the one to decide which point to include in your essays (its YOUR essay :))

Many thanks Shawn, Asha (consultant) & Vanessa (senior reader review)