answering on behalf of Clear Admit

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

answering on behalf of Clear Admit

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:48 am
Sorry we have been quiet lately, but I am planning to answer any new questions, on behalf of Clear Admit. Either post them to this thread, or start a new one.

As way of introduction, I used to work for Clear Admit, a number of years ago; I am currently doing some consulting work for them. I also used to work in admissions at the Wharton School for several years, as well as the University of Delaware. I also taught classes for GMAC in their professional development program.

cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by smc0708 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:22 am
I was hoping you could lend me your thoughts on realistic chances of my top schools to which I am applying: UT McCombs, SMU Cox, Rice Jones, TX A&M Mays, TX Tech Rawls, TCU Neeley.

A little bit about myself/application:
Female/Mexican-American ethnicity
Undergrad - BBA in International Business and Energy Commerce/ Minor in Spanish, Texas Tech
3.8/4.0 GPA Magna Cum Laude, Mortar Board top 50 seniors at university
President of my sorority; former Business Ambassador for the Rawls Business School; study abroad experience (6 months Spain/3 in Norway)
Proficient in Spanish (Upper Intermediate) - used professionally in prior position

Score - have not taken GRE yet (averaging about 157 both Q/V)

Work - 5 months working on Pres. John F Kennedy Commemorative Event in Dallas, followed by 1.5 years at an oil/gas software company (promoted during time to Senior Associate), given opportunity to move/work abroad remotely in Madrid, Spain as an external consultant with same company (procurement auditing) and attending Spanish school part time - [will have about 3 years post-bach experience by intake; 1 year of that in Spain]

Angle in Essays - seeking business development/strategy role in energy industry (particularly in Latin American/Mexican region); eventually becoming project manager long run

Thank you so much and appreciate any input you may have!