I just almost beat the gmat (700)

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

I just almost beat the gmat (700)

by gmatclubmember » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:11 am
First of all, thanks to each and every member of this forum including experts.

Today I appeared for the real test - and scored 700 (49QA,35VA). Overall percentile is 89. QA % is 79 and verbal %ile is 76. Scored 6 in IR with 67%. I was hoping for something around 720 to 730, and in fact got a little dejected looking at the score. I immediately thought of retest (I scored 740 in gmatprep 2)... but now I am thinking as if this is good enough to go with my profile of around 10 years of solid work ex.

My target schools are MIT (MSM), Insead, HEC and Said. Lets see how it goes. Will post a detailed story of my preparation later over the week... :).

I invite comments from experts on this forum though.

Cheers -
a lil' Thank note goes a long way :)!!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Bullzi » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:00 am
Hello!

I am no expert, however, with my having a similar work experience as yours (at least in terms of the number of years), if I had your score, I would've done these things in order, just close my eyes, say a quick prayer and run home without looking back! That's a very good score, congrats!

Regards,
Bullzi