Help with Study1

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Help with Study1

by pvskharish » Thu May 14, 2015 5:25 am
Hi ,

I'm at day 23 of 60 Day Schedule. I've broke the schedule couple of times and even dropped quant preparation since I thought more verbal score gives me an edge.I've wrote couple of CATs and got mere score of 490,510(Q41,V16). My GMAT date is scheduled 37 days (June 19th 2015 to be exact)from now.As of now I'm pretty confused and jumping back and forth between verbal and quant.
Should I reschedule my GMAT date further or should I go for it.If yes also please advice how many days should I postpone it.
Please help me untangle this. Thank you.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Thu May 14, 2015 5:35 am
Hi pvskharish,

Any advice I give you will depend on your target score> What is it?

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by pvskharish » Thu May 14, 2015 8:10 am
Hi Brent,

Thanks for reply. I'm aiming for 680+ score. As I said earlier GMAT is 35 days from today and
target school R1 is 156 days.I did some analysis on weak spots and there are many I'm afraid.
As of quant I've trouble facing the data sufficiency questions and as of verbal I need to catch up on
all the areas.
I'm using MGMAT 5th edition,OG 13 books for self study and I'm a full time employee. It would be really helpful if you guide me in the right direction.
Regards,
Harish

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Thu May 14, 2015 8:32 am
A 200-point increase in 35 days may be unrealistic (although not completely unheard of).
I suggest that you keep working through the 60-Day Guide. Later on, you will take several practice tests at which point you'll get a good idea of whether or not you'll reach your target score.

You can reschedule your test up 1 week before the test day (for a $50 fee). So, I suggest that you wait another 4 weeks before rescheduling.
As of quant I've trouble facing the data sufficiency questions
If you're interested, we have a free set of videos that cover everything you need to know to tackle DS questions: https://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat-data-sufficiency

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com