English Student - what schools are best for me?

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Age 24 (Currently), looking to enroll Fall 16 so will be 25.

Will have 3 years full time work experience at start of program. Also have extensive intern and part time work at same company.

Work for small Registered Investment Advisor in Knoxville. Role is "associate" but it's a small business so a little of everything really!

British citizen, moved to US for school when I was 16. All my family remain in England.

Passed level 1 and 2 of CFA and anticipate passing level 3 in June.

Decent extra curricular.

Graduated regional liberal arts college (nothing special) 3.8 GPA, in accounting.

710 GMAT

What are my best options?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Wed May 13, 2015 9:24 am
SChool selection relies on fit, and fit relies on three key areas: personal, professional and academic. From a personal perspective, you must fit within the school's philosophy and culture. How do the students interact with each other? Do you prefer a collaborative or competitive environment? For professional fit, you must look at the placement of graduates and see if any go on to thrive in your desired area of employment. What is the school known for in the recruiter world? Finally, for academic fit, you must be in the "ballpark" with GPA, undergraduate degree prestige and GMAT score. These three key areas will help you begin to narrow down your schools. What are you interested in doing post MBA?
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options