A quick clarification on Rescheduling process

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members
Hi Jeremy,
Request a quick clarification from you on Rescheduling process -

Per the policy mentioned on mba.com, if say, one's GMAT is on 15th of any month then s/he can reschedule the same @ $50 latest by 7th of that month.

If rescheduling is done on 8th(or after that before 15th of that month) then one has to pay the complete exam fee of $250.

Correct me please if wrong in any of these two cases!

Thank you.

Legendary Member

by RBBmba@2014 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:22 am
Hi Jeremy,
Would you please come up with a clarification on my above post kindly ?

Much appreciate your help in advance.Thank you!

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:04 am
RBBmba@2014 wrote:Hi Jeremy,
Would you please come up with a clarification on my above post kindly ?

Much appreciate your help in advance.Thank you!
Hello,

I am confirming the answer with the customer service team and will have an answer back to you as soon as possible. If you need an answer right away, I would recommend calling customer service using the live chat feature on mba.com.

Thank you,
Jeremy
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Legendary Member

by RBBmba@2014 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:12 am
Thanks Jeremy for your reply.

I'd look forward to your updates!

Btw, can you please confirm this - whether the current promo code "GMATPREP15" is applicable on individual separate purchase of 'GMAT Prep Exam pack 1' ?

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:37 am
Request a quick clarification from you on Rescheduling process -

Per the policy mentioned on mba.com, if say, one's GMAT is on 15th of any month then s/he can reschedule the same @ $50 latest by 7th of that month.

If rescheduling is done on 8th(or after that before 15th of that month) then one has to pay the complete exam fee of $250.

Correct me please if wrong in any of these two cases!

Thank you.
Hello,

The reschedule fee increases exactly 7 days (168 hours) before your exam appointment. Remember, this is based on your exam time, so if your exam is at 8:00 am, the fee would increase 7 days prior at 8:00 a.m.

To your other question: the GMATPREP15 code is valid on the products listed here: https://www.mba.com/global/landingpages/ ... promo.aspx.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Legendary Member

by RBBmba@2014 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:55 am
Hi Jeremy,
Could you please let me know whether there is any expiry date/validity period of the activation code of the "GMATPrep® Question® Pack 1" ? I mean, is there any specified time frame within which I'd have to use this product ?

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:43 am
Could you please let me know whether there is any expiry date/validity period of the activation code of the "GMATPrep® Question® Pack 1" ? I mean, is there any specified time frame within which I'd have to use this product ?
Hello,

The GMATPrep Exam Pack 1/Question Pack does not include an expiration date. However, the activation code can activate up to three (3) times only. In order to install the ExamPack/Question Pack on a new machine, you will have to deactivate it from one of the other devices. Deactivating content such as Exam Pack 1/Question Pack 1 enables you to use the same activation code on another computer. You will have to deactivate it from one of the other devices in order to install the exam pack/question pack on a new machine. Note - You can deactivate only content that is currently installed and active.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah

Legendary Member

by RBBmba@2014 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:43 pm
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Hello,

The GMATPrep Exam Pack 1/Question Pack does not include an expiration date. However, the activation code can activate up to three (3) times only. In order to install the ExamPack/Question Pack on a new machine, you will have to deactivate it from one of the other devices. Deactivating content such as Exam Pack 1/Question Pack 1 enables you to use the same activation code on another computer. You will have to deactivate it from one of the other devices in order to install the exam pack/question pack on a new machine. Note - You can deactivate only content that is currently installed and active.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Hi Jeremy - thanks for your reply.

1. So, I can't have GMATPrep Exam Pack 1/Question Pack installed in two machines simultaneously ?

2. Is this "three (3) times" upper limit on the usage of activation code irrespective any machines ? I mean, valid on all the machines taken together or machine specific ?

3. Could you please shed more light on what exactly you meant in saying "Note - You can deactivate only content that is currently installed and active." ?

Look forward to hear from you.Much thanks in advance!

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:30 pm
RBBmba@2014 wrote:
Hi Jeremy - thanks for your reply.

1. So, I can't have GMATPrep Exam Pack 1/Question Pack installed in two machines simultaneously ?

2. Is this "three (3) times" upper limit on the usage of activation code irrespective any machines ? I mean, valid on all the machines taken together or machine specific ?

3. Could you please shed more light on what exactly you meant in saying "Note - You can deactivate only content that is currently installed and active." ?

Look forward to hear from you.Much thanks in advance!
Yes, the GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 and Question Pack 1 can be activated on the same machine at the same time. You may also activate the 18-digit activation codes on different computers. However, the codes can only activated three (3) times for both exam pack and question pack. Once the codes have been activated three (3) times, in order to use either of them again, they will have be deactivated from your computer. Deactivating content such as Exam Pack 1 and Question Pack 1 enables you to use the same activation code on another computer. You can deactivate only content that is currently installed and active.

If he has any additional inquiries, you can contact [email protected] directly for quicker assistance.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah