Day 3

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Day 3

by ss.analuisa » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:25 am
Hi!

Today is my third day and I have done the GMATPrep test (scored 410).
This score surprised me because in Oficial Guide I scored:

Problem Solving (out of 24) 16
Data Sufficiency (out of 24) 11
Reading Comprehension (out of 17) 12
Critical Reasoning (out of 17) 14
Sentence Correction (out of 18) 8

What should I do? I need 700+ and regarding my GMATPrep score I don´t know if I will achieve it in 56 days.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:37 am
This score surprised me because in Official Guide I scored:
Are you referring to the Diagnostic Test that starts on page 20 of the Official Guide (OG)? That test just gives a very basic idea of your present Verbal and Math skills.

The Official GMATPrep test that you took helps gauge Verbal and Math skills, but it also gauges test-taking skills like endurance and time-management. You can take as long as you want to complete the Diagnostic Test, but you have only about 2 minutes to answer each question on the GMATPrep test. So, all things considered, they are considerably different tests, especially if you are a slow reader or need a long time answer questions.

It will take time to increase your score 300 points, and it may very take longer than 60 days to do so. It's very early in the game to question where you will be in 56 days. So, I suggest that you put your head down and start putting in the required prep. On Day 22, you'll take another practice test. At that time, you will have an idea of your score trajectory. Here's an outline of all 60 days: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-guide-outline

Aside: On the topic of time management, if you haven't already done so, you might want to watch our free video https://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gener ... es?id=1244.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com