Stacy Blackman Consulting

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Stacy Blackman Consulting

by MBA_Kayli » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:03 pm
I recently hired a consultant from Stacy Blackman Consulting and I had a great experience! The whole process was very organized and everyone I contacted was very helpful in getting my questions answered. I was matched with a former MBA admissions director, Lisa Anderson. Lisa was exactly what I needed. She kept me on track with a timeline and constant communication to help me meet the deadlines we agreed upon. Not only, did her recommended edits on my resume and essays make a huge difference, but she also helped me understand the big picture of why I was applying to business school and I what my future goals were. There was also a really cool wikipedia page that I had access to with resources such as past interview questions for my specific schools, which I found very helpful!

I applied to the same schools two years ago and didn't get in to any of them. This time with the help of Stacy Blackman Consulting, I got accepted at my top choice program AND I got a scholarship!! I think anywhere you go the consulting fees are a little pricy, but it is an investment that is well worth it to get into your dream program! And in my case the scholarship (that I definitely wouldn't have gotten without my consultant's help) completely covered my fees plus left me with about $6,000 extra!

I would definitely recommend contacting Stacy Blackman Consulting at www.stacyblackman.com/ for a free consultation!! Best of luck with the MBA application process!!

Duplicate.

by showme2thebike » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:44 pm
Duplicate.
Last edited by showme2thebike on Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by showme2thebike » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:44 pm
Staying on top of deadlines, being able to tell a compelling story, and knowing what admissions committees look for in applications are reasons why I needed an admissions consultant. My GMAT and GPA were average and I needed an edge on getting into a business program. I worked with Caryn Altman from Stacy Blackman Consulting and found her expertise helpful during the process. Admissions consulting can be expensive but I reasoned that the opportunity cost not having an MBA in my field (consulting) would be much more expensive. Caryn worked with me to develop a strategic plan and recommended several ways for me to address my shortfalls. She provided content that helped me shape career goals into believable (imagine that) objectives that would assist in writing essays and served as a sounding board when content needed adjustment. We also had interview practice and she provided solid feedback on what to say, what not to say, and how to stress different strengths in my professional and extracurricular experiences. She also provided guidance on which schools made the most sense given my preferences for geography (DC/Mid-Atlantic), school size, program focus areas and recruiting channels. Needless to say, I'm happy with Stacy Blackman and owe a huge thanks to Caryn for helping me get into school.

by korincrawford » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:01 am
I was a unique candidate with several entrepreneurial ventures under my belt that don't fit within a neat box. Luckily I contacted SBC for help. Esther Magna put me in touch with Dawn Clare, and the rest is history. I was admitted into Stanford GSB's 2015 MSx Program (i.e. Sloan Program), the GSB's awesome 12-month, full time accelerated business degree for mid-career professionals.

Dawn's advice and recommendations were spot on! She helped me craft a unique application strategy tailored to the specific sensibilities of the executive level program I was applying for. The comprehensive application strategy included a custom executive resume template, recommender and essay guidance, and many email and phone strategy sessions. What stood out was Dawn's specific knowledge of the Stanford GSB, then translated into the fundamental attributes of me as a professional that should be highlighted within my application. She knew how to differentiate the GSB's MSx program from the MBA program - showing a detailed knowledge of both.

Many thanks to Dawn, Esther, and SBC!

by talkoncorners » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:33 am
I can not thank SBC and my consultant Maureen enough for their help through out the b-school process! Maureen was patient, diligent and her insights were critical at every step of the process. She took a lot of time upfront to get to know me and was able to draw out strengths/unique characteristics from my profile that I would never have thought of on my own. I had a tremendous gaps in my profile and Maureen was very direct about what I had to do to fill those in (additional courses, leveraging work experience, etc). She had a lot of perspective on what Admissions was looking for in a candidate, and a lot of school-specific knowledge. When we went through our mock interview prep, she was intimately aware of what the school in question was looking for. I asked Maureen just about anything and everything (and my questions were frequently borderline ridiculous), but she always replied on time and with comprehensive advice. Often times, Maureen's response time exceeded our agreed upon time. She was a thorough professional and an exceptional support throughput. I would recommend SBC unequivocally to anyone looking to get into a top school!

by AlfredJPK55 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:57 am
Many thanks on your support. I'll review the remedy and see only little bit this check devoid of crash is still Look.

by krelian87 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:52 am
I am a reapplicant, and Margaret Strother was my consultant for the six schools I applied to (2 of which were reapplications). She was not formerly an AdCom or an MBA graduate, but she's a fantastic writer, confidant, and advisor. She does the MBA application consulting full time, so she devotes all her energy into understanding the changes and demands the AdCom have of successful applicants.
She was very conscientious in laying out how difficult and challenging the process would be while still making sure I kept my morale and confidence up. I cannot stress enough that working with a consultant is a two-way street; the consultant is not there to write your essay for you and they can only do their best work when you do yours.
At the start, Margaret reviewed my prior applications and my prior recommendations, figuring out where I needed improvement. We spent a good deal of time figuring out an overall strategy and we spent a lot of time batting around ideas for essays. We had six to seven drafts of each essay, and she was not afraid to say that the story wasn't working and that we should rebuild from the ground up. She was also very sharp when identifying when my drafts for one school were too close to essays for another. When three of the schools had deadlines within a day of each other, she was extremely hardworking, turning around essay comments in very short order. Margaret was also easily available to answer non-essay related questions, which was very helpful with a number of the application forms. When interviews hit, she was able to give me great pep talks and advise me on a general theme for the interviews.
I also used the SBC flight test to tighten up my application for one of the schools, and the SBC Wiki was very useful as one-stop shop for general information and deadlines. The school guides were a nice complement as well.
With all this fantastic support, I came away with 5 admits (1 school I withdrew from after getting to the interview stage), 2 of which gave me substantial scholarships. I firmly believe that I would not have been as successful, and possibly staring at the dark abyss of R3/reapplying next year, without Margaret's help. Instead, I'm going to start at Chicago Booth.