suggestions for a good 1 yr program

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

suggestions for a good 1 yr program

by shrutixn » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:20 pm
Hi All
My profile is as follows
6 yr wok experience ( 4 as technical trainer/ content developer, 2 as a pre-sales systems engineer )
Masters in Engg with a 3.6 gpa (not a top tier school)
680 gmat (plan to give it again, goal is to hit atleast a 720+)
looking to gain more business experience and management skills through an MBA

I would like to go for a 1 yr program as i cannot afford to be away from work force or where i currently live for over a year, any suggestions would be highly appreciated

Thank you

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:19 am
Hi Shruti,

You have good work experience along with decent GMAT and academics, you can choose 1 year programs based on your career goals post MBA, which sector you want to get into and mainly you haven't mentioned about particular target geographic region. You can target B-schools like INSEAD, IMD, ISB, IE, IIM A, B and C. You can also look at B-schools in Canada like Queens, Schulich, Rotman. Suggest you to brainstorm about your career goals and choose the B-schools accordingly. Let me know if you have any questions, you can also PM your complete profile to suggest you best options.

Regards
Manish
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by shrutixn » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:25 am
Thank you for your response
some more information about me
I currently reside and work in sunnyvale CA USA, and am open to part time mba options as well
I am not looking for a career change but more of a foot in the door to managerial level (possibly product management/marketing)
The geographic region primarily is west coast in USA, but any region in USA would work, international i have only looked into INSEAD but i am not sure how much would an international degree weigh when it comes to job opportunities in US

Thank You

Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:52 am
shrutixn wrote:Thank you for your response
some more information about me
I currently reside and work in sunnyvale CA USA, and am open to part time mba options as well
I am not looking for a career change but more of a foot in the door to managerial level (possibly product management/marketing)
The geographic region primarily is west coast in USA, but any region in USA would work, international i have only looked into INSEAD but i am not sure how much would an international degree weigh when it comes to job opportunities in US

Thank You
Hi Shruti,

You can consider applying to 1 year programs in US like Emory, Rice University, Cornell, Kellogg, Rochester Simon, these b-schools offer 1 year MBA programs. There are very few B-schools in US which offer 1 year MBA programs. For part time MBA programs B-schools usually prefer 8-10 years work experience. The next step for you is to start working on your applications and ideally target around 5-6 schools to increase your chances. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards
Manish
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:32 pm
Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Just thought I'd add to Manish's comments above. He's got most of the top 1-year programs listed already, the only other to consider would be Notre Dame's Mendoza school, but that depends highly on fit. Other international options could include Cambridge or Oxford, but if you're looking for opportunities in the US, you're better off sticking around in the states. The only other suggestion I have is to look into part-time programs (non-executive). Your work experience and academics are aligned to many of them including the part-time programs for Kellogg, Booth, and Haas. Hope this helps! We've been quite successful in helping our clients into these very programs with similar credentials to yours, so let us know if you'd like to chat!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:52 pm
Johnson also has a great one year program. You're in a great location for recruiting in NYC (they have a direct bus that goes to the Cornell Club in midtown). Plus, you get the Ivy League reputation.