Study Partner Needed in Washington DC - Let's beat it!

Organize face-to-face meetings with other members
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Hi!

After recently going for the World MBA tour, I've decided to apply for my MBA for a potential seat in 2010. Given that one of the requirements is the GMAT, I'm become very dedicated in beating the GMAT at its own game.

A few things regarding what I'm looking for in my study partner and some background information (this will give you a better idea on where I stand and if you guys believe we could be compatible partners):

> I've never taken the GMAT before and I'm considering on taking my GMAT in February, 2009
> I started with the Critical Reasoning verbal section and I've made a plan that will get me through this (I can share it with you if you want)
> While I can speak coherently and articulate myself well, my verbal skills on the GMAT are not up to par and therefore, I'd be looking for someone who is willing to work through the verbal section first and them move to the quant section.

> I live in DC and somewhere close to a metro for meetup is ideal
> I've been working on the GMAT for about 5 days and ideally, I'd like to work through the gmat with someone who wants to throw in the time and dedication after work/school for at least 3 days. I'm flexible going either ways.

Let me know your thoughts. I look forward to working with you. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts with where you are with the GMAT process, your plan of attack is, books you're using, experiences you have with it, and if I'm someone you can work with. Feel free to send me something via PM.

If I don't hear from you, good luck!
-------------------
Sincerely,

Piyush A.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by dikku07 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:03 am
Hi Piyush
are you still looking for study partner? I am planning to appear for the test as soon as possible. depending on how the prep goes. let me know and we can meet up and prepare together.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by rylem79 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:50 pm
Are you guys still looking for more people? Where are you meeting up?

Just wondering?

by vha2581 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:36 pm
Are people still going to get together for study sessions?

ARLINGTON STUDY GROUP

by Giesa » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:52 pm
Hey- I'm looking for study partner(s) who want to meet up in the Arlington area a 1 or 2 nights a week. I have not started studying AT ALL for the GMAT, but I'm a good test-taker, quick learner, and just need someone to meet up with to keep me disciplined/committed.

Anyways . . . let me know if your interested. I'm thinking we could meet at a Cosi/Starbucks, the likes.

by panduchunduri » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:18 am
I live in Arlington as well. I'm also looking for a study partner. If you are interested let me know.

by crazydiode » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:17 am
hey guys.. i am in Fairfax. In case you are planning on meeting, let me know. I wll try to make it. thanks.

GMAT Score:770

by JasonReynolds » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:57 pm
Anyone in the DC area looking for a study partner. If nothing else, it would be nice to take tests once a week and see how we progress together. Its hard to judge how you are doing by yourself. I live in Alexandria btw.

New Study group in DC

by Kaye » Fri May 08, 2009 7:10 am
My name is Kaye, and I have started a GMAT study group and I am looking for more people to study with.

· We meet regularly 2 or more times per week
· Share resources books, practice assignments and practice tests.
· Help one another out with problems

Please let me know if you are interested

Thanks so much!
Kaye

The group is at https://groups.google.com/group/gmatdc?hl=en if people want to check it out.

anyone from bethesda/rockville MD area?

by dikku07 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:53 am
I'm looking for someone to meet up on regular basis to help each other in gmat prep. Prefered in bethesda/rockville area so that I don't waste time in commuting to VA or DC. Thanks alot

by navigator » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:32 am
Is anyone still meeting regularly in the Washington DC or MD (Silver Spring, Rockville, Bethesda) areas? I work full time and can meet evenings and/or weekends if this works for anyone. Please let me know. Thanks!

Hi All,

i have started preparing for GMAT two weeks back, looking for a study partner somewhere in DC.

Cheers,
Sheetal

GMAT stutdy in College Park

by ali_g90 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:21 pm
hey guys,

Am looking for a study partner in the college park area. I've been studying for a few months now, but I really want to focus in on the math. We can do this!
- Alina

email me at [email protected]
"nothing is to be feared, only to be understood"

by usausa » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:42 am
I am in Columbia, MD. Please let me know if anybody is around this area. I plan to start studying and nail this beast soon.

by Linabeth24 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:05 am
Hi Everyone,

I know no one has left posts on here for a while, but I have just started preparation for the GMAT and would love to have the support system of a study group or partner. If you are in the DC area and want to coordinate meetings then please inbox me and let me know. I look forward to beating the GMAT with you :)