The average human being

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

The average human being

by vipulgoyal » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:18 pm
The average human being can hear sounds of up to 20 kHz frequency; therefore, most of the sounds made by the tiny parts inside a computer - regardless of volume - are inaudible to the human ear, because their frequencies are often in the 100 kHz range - too high for the human ear to detect.

A.therefore, most of the sounds made by the tiny parts inside a computer - regardless of volume - are inaudible to the human ear, because their frequencies are often in the 100 kHz range - too high for the human ear to detect
B.therefore, because the frequency of the sounds made by the tiny parts inside a computer are often in the 100 kHz range, that makes them inaudible to the human ear
C.therefore, the frequencies of the tiny parts inside a computer-regardless of volume-often in the 100 kHz range, are inaudible to the human ear
D.most of the sounds made by the tiny parts inside a computer-regardless of volume-are therefore inaudible to a human being because of their frequencies being too high for the human ear to detect them
E.most of the sounds made by the tiny parts inside a computer-regardless of volume-are often in the 100 kHz range that is inaudible to the human ear

Is their is correctly used in OA

A

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1906 members
GMAT Score:790

by GMATGuruNY » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:53 am
OA: THEREFORE, most of the sounds...are inaudible...BECAUSE their frequencies are often in the 100 kHz range.
Here, the usage of therefore and because within a single sentence is troublesome, since both words imply CAUSALITY.
What is the source of this SC?
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by ratanvk » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:41 pm
GMATGuruNY wrote:OA: THEREFORE, most of the sounds...are inaudible...BECAUSE their frequencies are often in the 100 kHz range.
Here, the usage of therefore and because within a single sentence is troublesome, since both words imply CAUSALITY.
What is the source of this SC?
Is in't D the correct option?