Suggest some good B schools

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Suggest some good B schools

by vmahi7 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:32 pm
HI All,

I have GMAT score of 600, Please suggest me some Good B-Schools in ASIA,JAPAN,SINGAPORE.
I am not Interested in USA.

Thanks In-Advance.

Regards,
Mahesh Kumar Vykuntam

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:22 pm
Hi vmahi7,

You might want to post these questions in the Admissions Sub-Forum (on this website). This is the Data Sufficiency Forum.

When it comes to selecting a Business School, you need to define your goals and your "parameters" so that you can narrow down the possibilities. For example, I don't know what you're looking for when you say a "good school."

Here are some things to consider:
1) What type of program do you want to attend?
2) How long do you want to be in school?
3) What type of career path do you want to be on?
4) What can you afford?
5) Are you prepared to move to a new area?
Etc.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:37 am
Hello Mahesh

A GMAT score of 600 is low for top business schools in Asia. Unless you have top grades and an excellent profile of work experience, I suggest you take another shot at GMAT. NUS Business School is the only top Asian business school with a low average GMAT score. All good school in Asia have average GMAT above 650. I would suggest you give another shot at GMAT and improve your score otherwise your present score could seriously hurt your chances.

Tell me more about your grades, work experience and post MBA goals so that I can suggest schools suited to your profile.

All the best
www.interviewbay.com

Application Reviews and Mock Interviews by Alumni of your Target B-School

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:40 am
Hi Mahesh,

Please explain more details about your profile, work experience, extra curricular activities, achievements to evaluate your profile and suggest relevant B-schools. You can also try B-school Selector tool to shortlist B-Schools click here https://goo.gl/LVWTay

Regards,
Manish
www.genedmba.com
vmahi7 wrote:HI All,

I have GMAT score of 600, Please suggest me some Good B-Schools in ASIA,JAPAN,SINGAPORE.
I am not Interested in USA.

Thanks In-Advance.

Regards,
Mahesh Kumar Vykuntam

by akshita1234 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:56 am
I have cleared Level 2 of CFA (AIMR) and currently working as investment analyst in a KPO.Will my CFA background help me in admission into a top b school. I am looking for b schools in Sydney or Singapore.

by jinesh1995 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:03 am
akshita1234 wrote:I have cleared Level 2 of CFA (AIMR) and currently working as investment analyst in a KPO.Will my CFA background help me in admission into a top b school. I am looking for b schools in Sydney or Singapore.

All business schools value diversity. Your CFA experience will add value to your profile, and you will have better chances of admission provided you score well in your entrance exams.
Given the background that you have I am assuming you would want to pursue your MBA in finance. And Australia is one of the countries who provide the best programs related to finance.

by akshita1234 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:04 am
jinesh1995 wrote:
akshita1234 wrote:I have cleared Level 2 of CFA (AIMR) and currently working as investment analyst in a KPO.Will my CFA background help me in admission into a top b school. I am looking for b schools in Sydney or Singapore.

All business schools value diversity. Your CFA experience will add value to your profile, and you will have better chances of admission provided you score well in your entrance exams.
Given the background that you have I am assuming you would want to pursue your MBA in finance. And Australia is one of the countries who provide the best programs related to finance.
Yes! Even I heard that Austrailia is good for MBA in finance how about singapore? Is that not a good option? People are always praises for singapore as a study destination. Do you recommend any colleges I could look into?

by jinesh1995 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:07 am
akshita1234 wrote:
jinesh1995 wrote:

Yes! Even I heard that Austrailia is good for MBA in finance how about singapore? Is that not a good option? People are always praises for singapore as a study destination. Do you recommend any colleges I could look into?
Singapore also is a good country to do your MBA. Unfortunately I don't have much information about singapore. You could look into S P Jain Global, Melbourne Business school, they are pretty good colleges.

by akshita1234 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:26 am
Thank you so much!! :)
Other suggestions are welcome! :D