mba.com ID activation does not work

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

mba.com ID activation does not work

by akmba » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:37 am
Hi,

I got my ID for mba.com locked after multiple attempts with wrong password. I tried to recover the password of mba.com using forgot password option. However it throws an error "Account is locked, please contact customer care". This leads to a form for the customer care. Which I filled and submitted.

The issue I am facing is : when submitted the form doesn't get delivered to the customer care. For last 2 days I have been trying to unlock my ID but this method simply does not work.

I did not notice any alternate method.

Please help GMAC.

Regards/Atul

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:03 am
akmba wrote:Hi,

I got my ID for mba.com locked after multiple attempts with wrong password. I tried to recover the password of mba.com using forgot password option. However it throws an error "Account is locked, please contact customer care". This leads to a form for the customer care. Which I filled and submitted.

The issue I am facing is : when submitted the form doesn't get delivered to the customer care. For last 2 days I have been trying to unlock my ID but this method simply does not work.

I did not notice any alternate method.

Please help GMAC.

Regards/Atul
Hello Atul,

You will need to contact customer care to unlock your account. From all I can see, the form seems to be working properly, but if you feel it is not working for you, you can try contacting them directly with your issue using the contact information for your region listed here: https://www.mba.com/contact. If you have any further issues, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:57 am
Hello again,

We are looking into this issue. In the meantime, if you could provide your email address, we can reset your account from our end.

Side note: how did you know your messages were not getting through, or that the form was not working, as you said? I'd like to be able to advise other users, in case this issue occurs again.

Thank you,
Jeremy
Leah

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by akmba » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:42 am
Thanks for the response.

I received below error on my email id : [email protected]

-----
Your message has been delayed and is still awaiting delivery
to the following recipient(s):

[email protected]
Message delayed
452 4.3.1 Insufficient system resources

---

Hope that helps you track the issue and resolve.

Regards/Atul

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by number_101 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:35 am
I got my ID locked too today because of couple of wrong password attempts. I have a scheduled GMAT appointment on this Monday.

Someone from GMAC,please help me. It's really urgent.

by number_101 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:13 am
GMAC has sent an e-mail with the password reset link. Thanks a lot GMAC for the prompt action.

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:18 pm
number_101 wrote:GMAC has sent an e-mail with the password reset link. Thanks a lot GMAC for the prompt action.
I'm glad we could help. If you need anything further or have any questions, just let us know.
Leah

by jlmanasabandaru » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:13 am
Hi,

My ID got blocked due to wrong password attempts. I filled out the form requesting for the password reset link. I have also sent a mail to [email protected] for help on this. The local Pearson center is unable to help me further.

Request someone from GMAC to please help. I am planning to schedule an exam appointment at the earliest and slots are all getting booked.

My mail ID - [email protected]
thanks