Where to for MBA?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Where to for MBA?

by IWillGetMyLifeBack » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:03 am
Can you guys please help me chose where shall I go for MBA? I get into these business schools -

Strathclyde Business School, Glasgow (University of Strathclyde)
University of Bath, UK
Durham Business School, UK
Henley Business School, UK
CEU Business School, Hungary

Results waiting -

Ashridge Business School, UK
WHU, Germany
ESSEC, France

But I am expecting Yes from these also.
Fees for almost all (except CEU) is GBP 25000

Any help will be highly appreciated!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:06 pm
Hi IWillGetMyLifeBack,

Since you have options, it's important for you to define what you want out of your MBA. To that end, nobody here can answer that question for you, but here are some things to think about:

1) What field do you want to work in? Is there a specific company that you want to work for?
2) What do you want to be doing in 5 years? How about 10 years?
3) Do you want a specific job (job title)?
4) What type of alumni contacts can you expect from the degree?

Most career paths can be "traced back" to a particular school or degree program, so defining what you want in the future should help you to decide which school will be the best match.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by nainasingh » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:35 am
Hi guys, I am working with a bank since last five years and now planning to take up an MBA in finance from somewhere abroad. Was wondering which country would be the best option for me. I am looking for a country that is student friendly and also offers good MBA programs in finance. Any suggestions?

by apoorva shrivastav » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:45 am
Hey, why don't you look for institutes in Australia? Currently Australia is the best place to study finance. An Australian degree will help you a lot on professional front. The employers consider Australian MBA as a symbol of quality. You will be able to seek a job fairly easily as compared to the UK or US provided you do your networking right and have been a consistent performer. An MBA from Australia is globally recognized. You will also enjoy studying there as they have a very unique cultural diversity.

by nainasingh » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:47 am
Thanks! But I have heard that it is not easy to seek admissions in Australia. They have a very strict admission procedure. Also had heard about the racism against Indians long back. Does that still continue?

by apoorva shrivastav » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:49 am
The only thing you need for admission is good academic records and relevant work experience depending on the college. A strong GMAT score preferably above 670 and your letter of intent should be convincing. The admission procedure is pretty much the same all over the world. And as far as racism is concerned you don't really need to worry about it anymore. People in Australia are very friendly and helpful. My own sister had done a culinary course from there and she was very happy with the experience.

by nainasingh » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:51 am
Your inputs have really got me thinking about Australia. I was also looking at Canada as an option. Could you suggest some colleges in Canada and Australia to do my MBA from?

by apoorva shrivastav » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:52 am
Hey glad I could help. But I have so much information about Australia only because my sister studied there. Not really aware about Canada. But Canada also seems like a good option. Try doing some research. In Australia I am aware about some B shools like Melbourne Business School, Australian national university and S P Jain School of global management. You can also consider other institutes but ensure that you check through all the details and then opt for the one you feel offers a good course in finance.

by nainasingh » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:54 am
Okay, thank you so much, this was needed