Hiding multiple GMAT scores

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Hiding multiple GMAT scores

by masterpuppets38 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:48 am
I have taken the GMAT a couple of times. The first time I was not in good mental shape and got a 50 percentile.
The second time I scored a decent 90 percentile.
However, this 90 percentile score is not good enough for good programs.
People have suggested that I take the GMAT again. I am concerned that 3 attempts will raise a red flag.
I am planning to register for the exam using a different email address so that in the best case, my previous scores do not appear on the report, and in the worst case, all my scores appear on the report (which would have been the case anyway if I used my current email address).
Ofcourse, my finger prints, date of birth, ID details, picture, etc will all remain the same. So essentially, I'm banking on the GMAC not matching my identity from both the email addresses.
I'm sure this is legal. Any experience or advice with this kind of a situation?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:52 am
Hi masterpuppets38,

First off, Business Schools really don't care if you take the GMAT more than once. As long as you're showing some type of improvement, then that's what matters (and Schools tend to consider the best score on record when evaluating an application) - so there shouldn't be a 'red flag' at all. However, what you're talking about attempting is essentially 'fraud' and THAT is something that could be considered a 'red flag.' Since you already seem to know that your name, fingerprints, etc. are already on file, what you're attempting to do will NOT work.

You'd be better served putting in the proper preparation for this next attempt at the GMAT than trying to 'trick' the system somehow. To that end, how did you score on your previous performances? What were your overall Scores and your Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores (not the percentiles)? And what is your score goal?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:16 am
Hi masterpuppets38,

You will not be able to register for the GMAT using a different email address as all the other details will be the same. It is okay that you have 3 attempts as long as you have shown improvement. It would be best that you work hard & get an excellent GMAT score.

Good luck