610 First Try...retake?

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

610 First Try...retake?

by Slappy Sanchez » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:45 pm
Hey all,

I just took the GMAT (for the first time), and scored a 610. I should be excited about my score but I am not. I didn't get the testing accommodations in time, so I took the test just so I would have something to show admissions. I left a lot of points on the table as I answered 5 quant questions in 2 min, and 6 verbal question in just under 4. I didn't even answer one of the analytical questions as I ran short on time.

I have a 2.55 gpa, and 3 strong years of work experience in financial consulting/ forensic accounting. I have applied to BYU, Tulane, UT-Austin, USC, and Michigan. I know that 3/5 of those schools are pipe dreams, but it doesn't hurt to hope that they get one Slappy Sanchez confused for another, and admit me by mistake, or that maybe my extra curricular are enough to get me in in spite of the grades.

If I retake the test, it will be with just enough time for most of these schools final rounds. Do I take the test again and work my tail off for a higher grade, or is well enough left alone?

Congrats to all who had the courage to post their grades.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:05 pm
Hi Slappy Sanchez,

Your questions are primarily Admissions questions, so you might want to ask them to the Admissions Experts in that Sub-Forum (on this site). The link is here:

https://www.beatthegmat.com/ask-an-mba-a ... t-f40.html

When it comes to your 610:
1) What were the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores?
2) How does this score compare to your practice CAT scores?

Have you worked on any of your applications yet or were you waiting to finish up with the GMAT?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]