how to enhance my application

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

how to enhance my application

by liaaba » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:29 pm
Hi,

Can you please suggest some ways to enhance my application, in the general sense.

For example, I plan to start doing volunteer work at charitable organizations, does it make a difference what kind of charitable organization I volunteer at, or does the number of volunteer positions/charitable organization matter? I would imagine the scope and level of involvement to matter somewhat, is this true?

What are some other good things to have in my application package to enhance my profile?

You insights will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Hi liaaba,

It's hard to give you any specific guidance without any information on your background.

In the most general sense, of course charitable or extracurricular activity is an asset. I suggest an area that is of interest to you personally, or fits into your professional goals, and taking on a leadership position. Barring the ability for a leadership position, try to work with a team. Either experience can be fodder for essays.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by max_roper » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:38 pm
Hello liaaba,

I concur with Amy: having a charitable or extracurricular activity is an asset, and that selecting an opportunity that fits your professional goals can be beneficial for your essays.

If you have a professional goal of becoming a management consultant, entrepreneur, or an all-around better corporate leader; I suggest volunteer business consulting for a non-profit or small business in need of strategic planning help.

National organizations such as SCORE, Taproot Foundation, and USA Leadership Corps come to mind, but there may be other local programs in your area.

Best of luck,

Maxwell Roper
Outreach Director
USA Leadership Corps