Vitacorp

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Vitacorp

by nakul_anand » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:15 pm
Vitcorp, a manufacturer, wishes to make its information booth at an industry convention more productive in terms of boosting sales. The both offers information introducing the company's new products and services. To achieve the desired result, Vitacorp's marketing department will attempt to attract more people to the booth. The marketing director's first measure was to instruct each salesperson to call his or her five best customers and personally invite them to visit the booth.

Which of the following, if true, most strongly supports the prediction that the marketing director's first measure will contribute to meeting the goal of boosting sales?

(A) Vitacorp's salespeople routinely inform each important customer about new products and services as soon as the decision to launch them has been made.

(B) Many of Vitacorp's competitors have made plans for making their own information booths more productive in increasing sales.

(C) An infomation booth that is well attended tends to attract visitors who would not otherwise have attended the booth.

(D) Most of Vitacorp's best customers also have business dealings with Vitcorp's competitors.

(E) Vitacorp has fewer new products and services available this year than it had in previous years.

This is an OG question - Q82 in Verbal Review. I am not convinced with OG's answer. Its (C). I think (C) is too general in this context.

Any opinions??

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:690

by Ludacrispat26 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:59 pm
C is good. If the best customers come out to the booth, making it well-attended, and good attendance leads to more sales, then the logic holds true.
Don't stop believin'...

Legendary Member
Followed by:3 members

by heshamelaziry » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:33 pm
IMO C

Followed by:1 members

by singalong » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:47 pm
This can be considered as a Strength question or an Inference question?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by nguy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:28 pm
Time: 1:22
Selected: D

Reasoning:
I was confused between C and D because IMO all others are OOS(out of scope).
If the best customers are also dealing with the competitors then by showcasing the new product, VitaCorp has chances to get new deals, show new improvement and impress the customers. I found C too generic because calling best customer doesn't ensure attracting others.

BUT BUT BUT

Review: When I saw the OA, I went back and analyzed again. The main point is "attracting more people to the booth" nothing else. Hence, my reasoning was wrong. I was trying to increase the sale, but that's not the main point.

Therefore: C

by simone88 » Sat May 05, 2012 12:45 pm
nguy wrote:Time: 1:22
I was trying to increase the sale, but that's not the main point.
I think the main point is trying to increase sales since that the question is:
Which of the following, if true, most strongly supports the prediction that the marketing director's first measure will contribute to meeting the goal of boosting sales?
anyway, what does attend mean in this context? (I'm not an english native)

by vinodsundaram » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:18 pm
Conc: to attract more people to the booth and boost sales

(A) Vitacorp's salespeople routinely inform each important customer about new products and services as soon as the decision to launch them has been made. (informing doesnt mean more ppl will be at the booth)

(B) Many of Vitacorp's competitors have made plans for making their own information booths more productive in increasing sales. (we are more concerned abt Vitacorp n its sales. OOS)

(C) An infomation booth that is well attended tends to attract visitors who would not otherwise have attended the booth. (in line with the Director's strategy. More crowd, more ppl tend to visit. correct)

(D) Most of Vitacorp's best customers also have business dealings with Vitcorp's competitors. (not pertinent to discussion. OOS)

(E) Vitacorp has fewer new products and services available this year than it had in previous years. (again OOS)

Hence (C)

by hjafferi » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:29 pm
IMO C

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by tusharkhatri123 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:30 pm
Although I got my answer correct, but I pre-assumed something different than given in the answer choice. Please check whether this my pre-assumption is also correct:

The marketing director wants to promote sales using word of mouth.

Thanks and Regards
Tushar