Sherry Holland(Stacy Blackman)-Michelle Awuku-Tatum(Amerasia

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members
Hello friends,

Please give you feedback about the above mentioned consultants.
I was extremely impressed both of them after having an introductory conversation with them.
Please give your views/share your experiences. I'm sure many of you have worked with either one of them. I'm having a hard time deciding!!!

YOur input is much appreciated
Thanks

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by unes2k » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:39 pm
I contacted many different consulting groups, but SBC listened and answered my needs the most. SBC asked what I was looking for, realistically evaluated my chances of getting in, and came up with a few consultants to choose from. I interviewed each one and decided to work with Sherry Holland. From then on I had one point of contact, but I always felt that Sherry could use all of SBC's large resources to support our ideas and help us move forward.
Sherry is extremely efficient, professional and fun. Sherry always answered my emails/calls within a day at most and I never felt I was waiting long for anything. Having worked in the admissions office and attended prestigious schools, Sherry knows what it takes to get you into your dream school! Sherry has helped me figure out what I really wanted to do with my life/career and which school to ultimately attend. Even when all was said and done, Sherry continued to reply to my emails with advice: I had not received a scholarship from my dream school, but we agreed it was worth asking again. She advised on how schools evaluate scholarships and looked over my "essay". A few weeks later, I had received a scholarship! I will attend my dream school and the money I spent with SBC was worth it with or without the scholarship!

by Neverquit » Sat May 24, 2014 7:20 am
"I am an executive leader with 13 years of executive management experience who applied to several EMBA programs only to be denied two years in a row. I was very discouraged and frustrated when a friend recommended I contact Stacy Blackman Consulting. I contacted SBC and found everyone in the firm kind and helpful. During the first phone call with my consultant, Sherry Holland, I was sure that she is the one who going to make it happen. Her support, expertise and guidance were impeccable. She was a confident and a secure base for me as well as a knowledgeable consultant who put all her time to ensure my success. This year with Sherry's help and rigorous preparation for my interview, I sailed through it with confidence and was admitted to my dream school without even having to take the GMAT!

Without Sherry's help, I know I would not have been admitted. I recommend SBC and Sherry Holland if you want a true professional who will support you and always be honest with you. She always said: " I am going to tell you what you need to hear, not necessarily what you want to hear in order to make you a stronger candidate.It is proven to me that no other consulting firm understands the admission process like SBC dose."

by Windblown » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:34 pm
I can't say enough good things about Sherry. She is very talented and combines thoughtful insight with her experience as an admissions officer at Duke's MBA program. I started looking at MBA programs late in the process and was very nervous due to my lowish GPA. However, working with Sherry was a pleasure and made my application much, much stronger.

I started working with Sherry when I was still deciding on which schools I wanted to apply to. She helped me narrow my search and thoughtfully listened to my story and my goals. She helped me understand how admissions officers think (she should know- she was one herself!) and helped me understand what parts of my story were most interesting to them.

Sherry is also a very good essay critiquer and didn't hold back when she thought something needed to be changed. She made me take out whole parts of my story that in retrospect were just fluff and at other times, she made sure I tailored my essays to the question being asked. Sherry was also available night and day, and even worked with me at the very end of my deadlines. By the end, I was very happy with my applications and felt that they truly did represent me. The admissions committees apparently did as well because I was admitted to my target school, a top-ten MBA program.

I will be attending a top-ten MBA program this year and give Sherry my full recommendation.

by amandamargolis1 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:10 pm
I would highly recommend Stacy Blackman's comprehensive consulting services and particularly Sherry Holland.

I researched consulting services extensively and am very happy that I chose Stacy Blackman Consulting. Their methodology is very helpful, especially the personalized central plan that guides the application process.

As I found that the top consulting services were comparable in price, I choose Stacy Blackman because of Sherry Holland, who became my consultant. She was kind, understanding, and always available. Sherry was fabulous at keeping me organized and on track - creating a timeline, developing a plan, and streamlining the many details and challenges of the application process. It was incredibly helpful to have her guidance throughout.

by sboyce » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:10 pm
I had a great experience working with Sherry from SBC.

I felt like Sherry was invested in me. We worked very well together. I was a candidate with some good and some bad. Therefore, I felt my application could read good or bad. So, I hired Sherry to help make sure it's the former. Here are some more specifics on my experience.

Editing - Great feedback. Took my essays to an entirely different level. Found a way to present my stories in a way that washed over you while reinforcing my key points. My essays would have otherwise felt choppy and forced as I tried to fit all of my info into it.

School Selection - She helped with suggestions and encouraged a lot of contact with current students.

Company Resources - Great! Wonderful tools and a great resource for nuts and bolts as I selected schools.

Interviewing - Great feedback.

Sherry and I both confirmed each other after an interview with staff at SBC. After that, I interviewed with a few consultants and made my choice. Then the consultants also had to want to work with me. I think this helped me find a great match.

Thank you Sherry! I got into Ross and I'm awaiting Haas results. She helped make my candidacy!

by arpithamouli » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:26 pm
Whats the fee?