Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Can you please share how should I start my preparation

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:42 pm
Hi kokateamol,

It sounds like you're just starting out; you made a smart choice by posting here. Before offering advice on a study plan, it's important that you define your goals and plans:

1) Why do you want an MBA?
2) When do you want to attend School?
3) Have you done any research into the Schools that you might apply to?

When it comes to studying for the GMAT, most Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) on their studies; during that time, it's common to spend 10-15 hours per week (or more) on the process. To get a sense of your current abilities, you should plan on taking a FULL-length practice CAT Test. You can download 2 for free from www.mba.com. A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you set aside enough time to do so. Once you have your score results, you should post back here and we can put together a study plan.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:51 pm
You might consider signing up for Beat The GMAT's free 60-Day Study Guide (https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-guide). Over 40,000 Beat The GMAT students have already done so.
Each day, you'll receive an email with a series of learning activities that guide you, step-by-step, from Day 1 to test day. This will ensure that you will cover everything that the GMAT tests.

Here's an outline of all 60 emails: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-guide-outline

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by BestGMATEliza » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:58 am
I think the most important first step is to assess your needs. To do this, you should take a full length practice test. GMAC gives you two free when you download their GMAT prep software. Once you have taken the practice test, you will know how far you are from your target score and where your weaknesses are and can plan your studying accordingly.
Eliza Chute
Best GMAT Prep Courses
GMAT course comparison and reviews
Your one stop for all your GMAT studying needs!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:25 pm
kokateamol wrote:Can you please share how should I start my preparation
Hi Kokateamol,

GMAT preparations takes a time of anywhere between 3 to 6 months and you have plenty of time to prepare for your GMAT.You can follow the below steps to score well in your GMAT exam.
1. Start with a mock test. This will help you identify your strong and weak areas
2. If you plan to do self study, get your hands on the best preparatory material available in the market. You can speak to your seniors, get feedback on forums like pagalguy to seek out the best in the market
3. Joining a coaching institute or a study group is recommended because it gives a structure to your preparation and keeps you motivated all the time. Remember cracking GMAT is not just about working hard but working smart as well
4. Make a study time table for yourself that suits you best. You can start with spending 2 hours every day and as you move closer to your test date, start increasing your study hours
5. Keep taking mock tests in real test taking situations. However, more important than taking a mock test is to analyse your performance in the same. If you spend 2 hours on a mock test, spend 6 hours in analysing the same.
6. Figure out ways by which you can continuously keep improving your score
7. Make sure you stay consistent with your schedule. This is extremely important

You can also check our GMAT online course on the link below

https://www.manyagroup.com/gmat-online

Hope the above information helps. In case, you have any further queries, please do let us know and we would be happy to help. www.manyagroup.com