GMAT appointment cancellation - any consequences?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I have been directed to post this question here. Hope you guys can help me address my concerns.

Unfortunately, I will have to cancel my GMAT appointment because of unforeseen circumstances. I understand that I will forfeit my $250 dollars if I cancel the appointment. That's ok. My question is - Will the schools I apply to for admission be able to see that I cancelled an exam appointment?/ Will cancelling the appointment have any negative consequences when I apply to business schools?

Kindly let me know. Thank you.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:46 pm
Hi vm733,

Since it sounds like you're not going to show up to take the Test, this should not even show up in your record. Pearson keeps data on Tests TAKEN; if you don't take the Test, then there's nothing to report.

It's also worth noting that Business Schools really don't care how many times you take the GMAT, and scores can be cancelled for any number of rational reasons, so there wouldn't be any negative repercussions even if you took the GMAT as scheduled.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:16 pm
Won't have any impact on your application. What would hurt you is if you took the test and then cancelled before you got your score since that will show up on your score report. Also, I would disagree slightly and say that schools will hold it against you if you are taking the GMAT four or five times. My general rule of thumb is you should plan on taking it no more than three times.