Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:710

Managing Waitlist

by piku9290 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:00 am
Hello,

I have applied to Smeal, Broad, Carey, Carlson and Krannert in the first round and have been waitlisted in Carey and Broad. In brief, I have a profile with 710 GMAT score, graduate from National Institute of Technology in chemical engineering and with work experience of 3.6 years as operation manager in steel manufacturing (production).

How do these universities deal with waitlist applicants. What is chance/ratio of conversion for waitlist to admit.

Is there anything, that I can do at this point of time to make my application more compelling?

Thank You

Prasenjit

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:49 pm
Hi Prasenjit,

Being waitlisted is not a bad scenario in that there was something in your profile the schools liked certainly. ;) And they often re-evaluate early-round wait list candidates along with later round candidates. You need to research each school's wait-list policies carefully as they can vary a lot. Make sure you know if they will accept your sending additional info or not; if you have to opt in or not; etc. More often then not you can send updates and info, and this generally will only help as long as you are professional and provide genuinely useful updates. Making it very clear that you are extremely interested in their program/that it's your top choice etc can sometimes also be a small plus. Good luck to you!
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders