Profile Evaluation: 730 GMAT + 25 months experience

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:730
Hi,

Could you help me evaluate my profile? I want to know what I can expect.
I'm a 24 year old guy from India.
-----------
GMAT:
GMAT score of 730 (96%) with 4.5 for AW, written in December 2011.
Verbal: 39/87%
Quantitative: 50/92%
Analytical writing 4.5/38%
-----------
Undergraduate Degree:
I completed B.Tech Mechanical Engineering at National Institute of Technology, Calicut. (2012 batch)
I have a CGPA of 6.56.
----------
Additional Education:
Certificate in Business Analytics at Indian School of Business, Hyderabad (Will complete in March 2015)
----------
Work Experience:
Business Analyst at Bajaj Auto Limited since November 2012
I've worked with Logistics to develop the logic and an application that optimizes truck filling and scheduling.
I work closely with the top management to track KPIs by developing dashboards.
I've taken initiatives for income tax filing digitization that has saved the company a large amount of money and time.
----------
Additional Information (I guess this is where I get to put in all the random trivia):
I'm one of the youngest candidates to gain admission into the CBA program at ISB.
I travel alone quite a bit. I feel it's a meditative experience.
I've had to deal with existential crisis that led to my less-than-perfect performance in college.
I scored the highest marks in computer science in my country in higher secondary school.
I draw portraits. I draw portraits well.
----------

I want to take an MBA degree in Operations Management. I'm targeting schools like Tepper, Wharton, Krannert, etc. Can I aim for these schools? What are my chances? Would you recommend any other schools?

Is there any additional information I can give to help you assess me better?

Thanks.
Of all the places to get a typo, I got it in my username...

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:56 am
Hey there, thanks for the post! First off - solid GMAT - good job!

So some of the schools you're targeting make sense. For example, Tepper and Krannert and good options. Wharton is probably (unfortunately) not going to happen. You have a great GMAT and you went to a solid school, but your CGPA is low and your work, while I'm sure impactful, isn't blue chip and/or unique. The CBA program is a nice touch but it isn't enough to really move the needle on the basics. You also didn't mention any involvement activities so if you don't have (m)any, then you should really work on that.

And you're also a bit young - at 25 months, you're talking about starting with just 3 years of experience and that isn't a lot...at all.

As for the programs you've selected > they're all over the place. Check this out [How to Choose MBA Programs] because a lot goes into finding MBA program. We also have free school profiles and a whole page on how rankings work.

Hope that helps!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!