Need Imp suggestion on Interview

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:710

Need Imp suggestion on Interview

by abhi.iitb » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:44 am
Hi ,
Can admission consultant help me with my dilemma?. I have an Interview scheduled today for Georgetown in next 4 hours. Is it okay to ask interviewer regarding any possible reason for deterioration in its placement statistics
y-o-y for international students.?? Will they feel offended?? Please suggest

Thanks,
Abhi

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:27 am
Hello

You can ask them regarding the placements but you need to rephrase the questions so it doesn't sound negative. Instead of inquiring about the 'possible reasons for the deterioration of placements', you can ask them the steps and measures the schools is taking to improve placements. They will not be offended if your questions are constructive in nature. While asking them negative questions will offend them and raises doubts over why you want to attend the school.

Hope this helps

www.InterviewBay.com

Application Reviews & Mock Interviews by Alumni of your target Business School

by abhi.iitb » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:18 am
Hi,
Thanks. But, It seems I have already done the damage and nothing could be done in this regard. Except this, I think my interview was okay.Now, I don't think I should have any hope of any call after this disaster.

Regards,
Abhi

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:22 am
Hey

I am so sorry.
Do let me know if you hear from the school

by abhi.iitb » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:51 am
Sure will.

Thanks

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:24 pm
Good luck and let us know the result.

To other readers of this post, as a rule, do not introduce negative information in an interview which could potentially put the interviewer on the defensive.

Best of luck,
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.

by abhi.iitb » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:37 am
Hi all,
In continuation to my earlier post regarding my query on interview question. I would like to update the users that yesterday I received a waitlist decision from Georgetown for my R1 application. In three of my interviews for R1 round till date I have got wait list from Mendoza too and decline from UNC. :(

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:54 am
Good luck with everything. Remember to send updates as part of the waitlist process. I did a Podcast on the waitlist process with MBAPodcaster if you wish to listen - https://www.mbaprepadvantage.com/MBA%20W ... ponse.html

Good luck again and have a great weekend!
Michael Cohan
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:36 am
I just wanted to take a moment and agree with what Michael wrote earlier to make sure other readers of this thread saw this point. Insightful, well-researched questions can really set you apart. Negative themed questions can set you apart too, but in a bad way. Your interviewer, if an alum or current student, is personally vested in this program. If an admissions director, the experience is up to them to shape. If you ask a question that calls into question either their brand or their work, you're in for a rough experience. So keep that in mind when you draft questions for your interviewers!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

by abhi.iitb » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:31 pm
Thanks Michael and Bhavik,
I have got decline from UNC and wait-list from Mendoza and Georgetown in R1. I am currently assessing my application strength to consider applying for Emory in R3 and Kelly in R2.

Based on my profile and my recent results. Do you think I stand any chance in R3 at Emory. Below is my profile for your evaluation:

Indian male/31yrs

GMAT score: July'14: 710(Q50, V35, IR3, AWA4)

Work Exp: 7.5 Years

Industry: Steel Industry (ArcelorMittal)

Profile: Operations, Technology, Project Management, ERP, Strategy

Post MBA goal: Seeking to change profile & Industry to Corporate Strategy in top manufacturing.

B.Tech Class of 2007 from IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India

GPA: 6.11/10

Extracurricular:
1. Led social projects pertaining to CSR.
2. Led trekking club during my under-graduation.
3. Head Hostel Mess during my under-graduation.
4. Led team of volunteers for tech-event during my under-grad.
5. Passionate Biker with high octane biking expeditions in Himalayas and other parts of India.

Would be thankful for your expert comments on my profile. Any other suggestions would be most welcome

Thanks
abhi

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:38 pm
Hey there - I'm sorry your applications haven't turned out the way you had hoped! As for Emory R3 - be careful. Emory itself states R2 is the preferred deadline for International which means by R3 you're fighting for a handful of seats. It'll be REALLY tough - I can't stress that enough given the fact that your profile is not unique. Sorry, I know that probably wasn't what you wanted to hear. But R1 is almost here!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

by abhi.iitb » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:43 am
Bhavik, I appreciate your honest suggestion. I believe that it is better to know the truth before hand and prepared for the worst rather than caught unprepared and get disappointed at the end.

Regards,
Abhi

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:40 am
Abhi,

I would encourage you to apply to Emory. First, for schools that have four rounds, there is often not too much of a difference between second and third round acceptance percentages. I do not know about Emory specifcially, but when Haas used to have 4 rounds, their Dean told me that Haas accepted the same percentages in R2 and R3 (R4 was half of R3). Second, very few schools are re-application unfriendly (for example INSEAD is). Therefore as long as you put together a quality application, you can reapply in R1 (should timing be the issue you were not accepted in R3).

Happy Holidays!!!
Michael Cohan
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com