Which college

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Which college

by rishi.riddle » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:04 am
Hi!
I m rishi, have done Engg. from electronics & communication.

I have experinced of 1.5 yrs in Moserbar India Ltd company as project associate . I was not satisfy with my degree & job then decided to do Full time MBA from any one of the top 50 university in the US. So I left that job and start preparing for the GMAT since June2010.
Right now I am working with a small firm as a marketing officer, to get familiar with the field.

When I started the GMAT prepration in June, I have scored 330 only ( which felt me so embarrass) in a diagnose test. Then I joined the classes to polish my skills. Now I can score around 480 to 560 in the test.

Problem is that, I know to get enter in any one of the top 50 MBA colleges I have to score min. 630. I am going to give GMAT in the first week of this December. SO I am worried about if I score around 530 then how can I get addmission in a good college?
Is there any good college in the top rank, which can accept my application if I scored 530 with my work exprience?

I hope somebody can Help me out!!!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Deepika Medepalli » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:56 pm
Hello everyone!
I have had a strong academic background.I scored 88% in 10th and 85% in 12th. Also, I did my BMS and I bagged 76% in it. I have been working in a market research firm for quite some time now. I feel that I should pursue my MBA now as I have industry experience. I am planning to appear for GMAT next year and would like to keep some target colleges in mind. I have heard that ISB, SPJIMR, S P Jain Global, XLRI are good colleges. Can someone give me an unbiased opinion about these b schools ?

by sarthak shah » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:04 pm
Hey,
Your profile seems strong. You need to aim on getting between the score bracket of 680 - 720 if you want to get in these colleges. But as far as I know ISB doesn't give you an "MBA Degree" you get a diploma in management. Also one of my cousins studying SPJIMR told me that the dean retired, so I don't know what effect it will have on the college. Isn't XLRI one of the best colleges for HR. HR is not your profile right? Coming down to S P Jain Global I think travelling to three different cities and adjusting to a new city every semester might be inconvenient

by sakshi6789 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 pm
You know ironically XLRI's cut off for marketing was higher than that of the cut off for HR. Ya the dean was 90 something that's why he retired. And about S P Jain Global, the reason why it's called a GMBA program is because it focuses a lot on various business cultures and lets you have a microscopic view of it with its tri-city module. Personally I would go for the GMBA. Sounds interesting doesn't it? Studying in three cities?

by arun1992 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:14 pm
All the colleges that you have named are very ambitious colleges. A lot of preparation is required to crack their entrances. All the best.

by AnneeSmith » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:24 pm
rishi.riddle wrote:Hi!
I m rishi, have done Engg. from electronics & communication.

I have experinced of 1.5 yrs in Moserbar India Ltd company as project associate . I was not satisfy with my degree & job then decided to do Full time MBA from any one of the top 50 university in the US. So I left that job and start preparing for the GMAT since June2010.
Right now I am working with a small firm as a marketing officer, to get familiar with the field.

When I started the GMAT prepration in June, I have scored 330 only ( which felt me so embarrass) in a diagnose test. Then I joined the classes to polish my skills. Now I can score around 480 to 560 in the test.

Problem is that, I know to get enter in any one of the top 50 MBA colleges I have to score min. 630. I am going to give GMAT in the first week of this December. SO I am worried about if I score around 530 then how can I get addmission in a good college?
Is there any good college in the top rank, which can accept my application if I scored 530 with my work exprience?

I hope somebody can Help me out!!!
There are many reputed college, you can take admission in any which is suitable for you.

Good luck!