Sending score reports

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Sending score reports

by genmba » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:17 am
There is a requirement to enter names of 5 schools whom we wish to report our scores to, before the GMAT test begins. Is there a possibility that i can skip this step, and choose the 5 schools at a later stage?

I am planning to pursue graduate studies after a couple of years, and will have a better evaluation of my profile then. I do not wish to send any score reports now. Will those 5 free reports lapse, or can i use them later?

Many thanks :)

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Nachiket » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:37 am
Yes, you will have to pay for sending the score reports to the business school of your choice at a later stage. I believe it is US$28 per business school.

Therefore, it is better to choose the probable schools at the time of taking the GMAT. At least you can save money on 5 business schools.

Thanks
Nachiket
Stay Hungry , Stay Foolish !!

by genmba » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:07 pm

1) But $28 is for the additional score report.. Do the free reports(which i forfeit at the time of exam) also cost the same at a later stage?

2) Also...is there any disadvantage in reporting your scores to a university, and then never applying for the programme / only applying after 2 years? Do they keep a repository of scores..or will i need to re-report scores to them after 2 years?

by genmba » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:45 am
Hi, i've found out the answers to my own questions(!) so sharing them for any future reader:

1) Yes the free reports(which are forfeited at the time of exam) also cost the same at a later stage, i.e. $28, hence it is advisable to use up the free reports on Exam day.

2) There is no problem in sending score reports to a University early. GMAT percentiles vary only slightly year on year, so it is indeed a reflection of your latest ability. You do not need to re-send scores to a school once reported, as long as the GMAT score is valid.

Cheers :)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:29 pm
Yes, you can send them later for a cost. Your scores will stay good for five years. However, there is no harm with sending your scores now for free. It doesn't bind you to the school in anyway, so why not take advantage of the free reports you get? Good luck to you!