Male,Indian,Software Eng,620,5yrs- profile evaluation &

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I'm a Software Engineer from India.

GMAT : 620(Q49,V27)
Work ex : 5 yrs (working for a fortune 14th organization -HealthCare gaint)
Gruduation : Bachelor of Engineering with GPA 3.6

Job responsibilities:

1) Critically analysing the requirements
2) Leading a sub team of 3,mentoring a group of 5
3) Provide support and solutions to the development team.
4) Coordinating with multiple engineering teams such as business analyst team,quality assurance team,development team,production support team
5) Proactive participation from product/idea conception to making it available to customers.
6) I also deal with the end user on a regular basis via customer feedback calls, requirement gathering and analysis calls which helped to gauge the customer and in turn the product market.

Specialization : Management in Information Systems
Schools Interested :
USA : KATZ,Univ of Connecticut,SUNY Buffalo
Canada : Sauder,John Molson

I'd like to find out if these are the right-fit for me. Please suggest if you have any other that fits my profile.
Please let me know if you need further information.Your inputs are valuable and will help me greatly.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:04 am
Hi there - pasting my response from another forum below:

MY INITIAL REPLY

"Thanks for posting! The first question would be - what do you want to do when you grow up? :)

Bhavik"

YOUR RESPONSE

"In the long term, I want to be a CEO of an product based fortune 500 organization like HP.

In mid term, I want to be a product manager - "CEO of a product" which will lead my way to be a CEO of an organization."

MY FOLLOW UP RESPONSE

"So you probably shouldn't lead with your long term goal...ever. Product management can be an option out of any of those programs depending on where you want to work and what type of company. It's safe to say not a lot of folks at Google come from SUNY Buffalo. Now it really just comes down to making sure you don't sound like every other Indian software engineer out there! "

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!