Magoosher in need of some next steps

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Magoosher in need of some next steps

by be021589 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:48 am
I have a question about Magoosh's online GMAT study tool. I have been using this mainly to go through question types and have completed all but 81 Quant questions and 85 Verbal questions. The score predictor is telling me that my range in score is Q: 36-44 and V: 29-36. I would like to score a 46 in quant and a 38 in verbal.

With such limited questions remaining I was wondering if anyone had any advice to give to those, like myself, who have almost depleted the question bank but have failed to reach their goals according to the score predictor.

Also, how accurate is the score predictor?

Thank you,
Ben

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:04 am
Hi Ben,

There's a remarkable difference between performing well on a set of practice problems and doing well on a full-length CAT (or the Official GMAT). Since the full exam is longer than a set of practice questions and requires you to handle every type of question (in a randomized, adaptive program), if you're looking to realistically measure your scores, then FULL-LENGTH CATs are really the only way to get accurate data.

Lots of practice and review are a big part of the overall process, but I'd like to know how you've scored on your practice CATs. What were your Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for each? With THAT data, we'll have a far better idea of your current strengths and weaknesses and what you need to do to improve.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:16 am
be021589 wrote:I have a question about Magoosh's online GMAT study tool. I have been using this mainly to go through question types and have completed all but 81 Quant questions and 85 Verbal questions. The score predictor is telling me that my range in score is Q: 36-44 and V: 29-36. I would like to score a 46 in quant and a 38 in verbal.

With such limited questions remaining I was wondering if anyone had any advice to give to those, like myself, who have almost depleted the question bank but have failed to reach their goals according to the score predictor.

Also, how accurate is the score predictor?

Thank you,
Ben
Hi Ben,

We concur with Rich. Once you finish up with your practice material, you should start focusing on giving full length mock tests. Your performance in these tests will give you a much better indication of your level of preparation, your strong and weak areas and how would you eventually perform in the actual exam.

In case, you have taken any full length mock test, please do let us know and we may be able to guide you better.

Wish you the best.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:15 members

by dabral » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:55 am
I would also recommend you to take a full length computer adaptive test from GMATPrep software: https://www.mba.com/global/the-gmat-exam ... tware.aspx. This is really the only way to find out where you stand, and eliminates any guesswork. GMAT is a tough exam and it is best to get a flavor of the real deal as opposed to tinkering with a set of practice questions, which is okay to begin with.

Cheers,
Dabral
Free Video Explanations: 2021 GMAT OFFICIAL GUIDE.