GMAT Paper tests

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

GMAT Paper tests

by BeattheVerbal » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:45 am
Hi,

Can someone tell me how good is GMAT Paper tests? They have mentioned that some portion can be found in OGs. Is this test helpful?

Thank you

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:50 am
BeattheVerbal wrote:Hi,

Can someone tell me how good is GMAT Paper tests? They have mentioned that some portion can be found in OGs. Is this test helpful?

Thank you
They are very helpful for start up indeed...

Verbal is appropriate however Quant in paper tests is much easier than actual level as of now...
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by BeattheVerbal » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:57 am
Thanks for your response. I have already used free test twice. Will take up Exam pack but wanted to know more about this paper test. Whether its good for full length practice.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:00 am
Hi BeattheVerbal,

If you're just looking for additional practice problems, then paper tests are fine. However, you can't rely on a paper Test score as an accurate indicator of your abilities. The Official GMAT involves a specific set of factors (on a desktop computer, adaptive, Essay and IR included, etc.) that a paper Test simply cannot match. While a certain amount of book-work and paper-work makes sense during your studies, the most realistic practice will simulate the testing conditions that you'll face on the Official GMAT.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:03 am
BeattheVerbal wrote:Thanks for your response. I have already used free test twice. Will take up Exam pack but wanted to know more about this paper test. Whether its good for full length practice.
I have given my comment precisely for paper tests and not for GMAT PREP.

Don't consider GMAT Prep easier than GMAT. It's the best representation of GMAT paper.
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by winAlways » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:32 am
Thanks for your question and suggestions on GMAT paper tests. Seems like a good investment.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:15 members

by dabral » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:51 am
GMAT Paper tests are great for those students who are struggling with the basics. I wouldn't recommend it for high scorers, it is too easy. The nice thing about the tests is that they are in increasing order of difficulty, and this helps you to see at what point you are starting to have difficulty in the GMAT. Also, keep in mind that the per question time limit is lower on the paper tests and that is one of the reasons why the questions may seem easier compared to the current GMAT.

Cheers,
Dabral
Free Video Explanations: 2021 GMAT OFFICIAL GUIDE.