Masters in Management

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Masters in Management

by nishgosalia » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:45 am
Hey,
I am from INDIA and in the final year of Engineering. I plan to settle in Singapore or Europe. I would like to know which universities are best for the course masters in management. I had few options in mind Hec,Essec,Escp but have heard its difficult to get in these universities. Is it true? Is it difficult to find a job in europe?
Kindly shed some light.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:37 am
Hello

Top ranked business schools will be quite competitive and how difficult it will be for you - depends entirely on your profile i.e. your acads, GMAT, etc. For MIM, the top schools in Europe are - ESCP, WHU Beisheim, HEC, Rotterdam - Erasmus, IE, ESADE, Imperial College London and Mannheim - Germany. Tell me more about your profile so I can advise you better. The average GMAT for HEC Paris MIM class is around 710. Usually the avg GMAT for MIM at top schools tends to be high (higher than the full time MBA class) as the intake is generally less than 100. Try to get a GMAT score around 710. That should improve your chances of making it.

Getting a job in Europe depends on what school you attend and also on visa requirements, permits for each country. Work permits in Singapore would be easier if you study there.

All the best
www.interviewbay.com
Application Reviews & Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your Target Business School.

by nishgosalia » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:58 am
Hey
Thank you so much for your reply. Could yould list down few colleges in usa and sigapore also so that i can explore all the possibilities. I am planning to give gre instead of gmat. I gone through sites of many university all of them seem to accept gre scores.

Thanks.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:28 am
LBS has the premier Masters in Management program - https://www.london.edu/programmes/master ... DwZBPlhdSI. Kellogg offers an MSMS (Masters in Management Studies) degree - https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pro ... llows.aspx. Ross also offers a Master of Management degree - https://michiganross.umich.edu/master-of-management.

Your question about obtaining post-degree employment in the country is an excellent one. You should contact the Career Resources for each school to obtain more specific information.

Good luck,
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.

by JuliaLae » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:05 pm
Dear all,

I am a current student at the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, currently listed as the 8th best European business school for the MScBA Master in Management on the financial times (https://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... ement-2014).

You can find the corresponding wepage to our master programme here (https://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... ement-2014).

Our programme is very international, and 94% all our master graduates are employed or doing what they planned (e.g. a second master) within a year.

I hope this helps you!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:35 pm
Julia,

Thank you for contributing. RSM has an excellent reputation. Do you have a link to the RSM Masters in Management Graduate Placement Report (or Career Employment Report)?

Also, does RSM have a specific person in Career Services who the original poster can contact with post-degree employment-related questions?

Thanks again,
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.

by JuliaLae » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:06 am
Dear all,

The currently newest placement report of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, can be found on the following webpage (https://www.rsm.nl/graduate-placement-report-2012/).

Generally all the relevant information can be found on the Career Services webpage ([email protected]), in case of any unanswered questions one can always contact them through [email protected] though.

I hope this answered your question.

Kind regards,
Julia

by rahuljain1994 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:57 am
Hi, I am in my final year of my Bachelors degree in Management and I will graduate by June next year. I have started preparing my applications for various colleges in the UK for a Masters program. However I feel that I should explore other cities also as most of the courses in the UK are very expensive and the standard of living there is also quite costly. Also getting a visa can be quite a problem in the UK and working with a student visa isn't allowed. Are there any good Master programs available in countries other than the UK?

by sanas1234 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:00 am
Hi, I am currently working as an education consultant. This is a fairly common question that is asked regarding a Masters degree. Many people think the UK is the only place to get a good Masters Degree. This may have been the case a few years ago, but now, there are some excellent Masters Colleges in places like Dubai, Singapore & Australia. You are allowed to work along with your course and there are generally no visa issues with these countries. The job opportunities are great in these countries and the degree is highly valued. With current economic condition prevailing in the UK, getting a job is becoming increasingly difficult.

Regards,
Sana Sandhu
Edumentor

by rahuljain1994 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:02 am
Thank you Ma'am, for your input. Could you tell me the names of some good colleges in these places so I can research further?

by sanas1234 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:04 am
I have listed some of the colleges I feel are good and reputable in these countries but I suggest you also do your own research:
1. Singapore: SMU, NUS & SP Jain Global
2. Dubai: Hult International Business School, SP Jain Global & MBS
3. Australia: University of Melbourne, University of Queensland & SP Jain Global

Regards,
Sana Sandhu
Edumentor

by rahuljain1994 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:05 am
Thank you so much.

by rahuljain1994 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:08 am
You have been of great help.
Last edited by rahuljain1994 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

by rahuljain1994 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:09 am
Thank you so much.

Legendary Member
Followed by:10 members
Masters in Management / MSc in Management courses - Top Schools

Masters in Management programs are excellent alternatives to an MBA for people who wish to gain management education right after their bachelor's. These programs are designed for applicants with little or no work experience, and offer participants the chance to gain strong business education, business exposure, and leadership skills right at the onset of their career. The value proposition of the programs is strong, and most applicants will end up on a fast-track career growth trajectory, much like that of graduates from top MBA programs. The Masters in Management program is still almost exclusively a non-U.S. phenomenon, with the best programs in Europe, Canada, and Asia.

For long, a Masters in Management was considered as a precursor to the MBA - business education at the Master's level that set one up for a career in business without really offering the same level of intensity or preparation that an MBA does. This is a myth, and a Masters in Management or MSc in Management (as it is known at some universities) can often be a strong substitute for an MBA. A majority of Masters in Management graduates treat the program as their terminal degree. And why should they not? After all, Masters in Management courses have proved their utility and value year after year across geographies, industries, and job functions.

Masters in Management / MSc in Management
Last edited by GyanOne on Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.