Requesting profile eval

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Requesting profile eval

by fearlessJ » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:57 am
Hi team,
I would like for you to please help me evaluate my chances based on the following information.
I am in Indian male,IT, GMAT 700 (Q48, V 38), 30, close to 7 years of work exp, BS from India 3.6 GPA, MS from USA 3.2 GPA
I was very active during my undergrad days with co curricular activites. I was the founder of the first literary college society and organized several events. I was the MC several inter college events and lead our college teams in several contests as well. I had very few oppurtunities to get involved with extra curricular activities during my MS since i was new to the country and completed it in 3 semesters only. Since my masters, i have worked in IT and am with a product company now from the last 3 years and do Tech consulting for them. This means i travel to client sites etc but am mostly involved with the tech side of house. All my clients are fortune 100 companies in the USA.

I know that i am from a pool where GMAT scores are generally higher but i am not sure how many people from this pool have an MS. Will this be a positive or a negative thing for me?
My target schools are UC Berkely,UCLA or IIM A(exec program), IIM B(exec program), IIM C (exec program), ISB

thanks in advance.
PS: I prepared with veritas as well.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:39 pm
Executive programs are generally more forgiving, but as for your MS degree, it helps a little, but schools generally will be more focused on your undergraduate performance and institution since it's a common denominator to which they can compare you to other applicants. The fact your MS was in the US actually helps, since it demonstrates your ability to navigate the US university system. So I think it will definitely be an advantage for you.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options