The 60-Day GMAT Study Guide - From Zero to Hero

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:2 members
Good evening everyone! I started yesterday me preparation for the GMAT, following thins amazing 60-day study guide. Hopefully I post here everyday my progress, with comments on me difficulties and my achievements. Hope I get some feedback from you folks! Oh, and btw, the Goal is 800! My motto is "Think big, Dream high, achieve higher".

Day 1 AND Day 2

I completed the Verbal and Quantitative tests, and they were harder than I expected! Despite the fact that I spent more than 3 hours on each one, I got Below the average results. Here they are:

Problem Solving (out of 24) 11 (Average)
Data Sufficiency (out of 24) 6 (Below average)
Reading Comprehension (out of 17) 13 (Average)
Critical Reasoning (out of 17) 5(Below average)
Sentence Correction (out of 18) 7(Below average)

I know these results are awful, but I believe that I'll get better ones the next time!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:14 pm
Great attitude, joaof92. I love it!

Please note that the diagnostic tests on pages 19 to 44 of the Official Guide are KILLERS. So, don't worry too much about the results.
The test is meant to familiarize you with the types of questions found on the GMAT and give you a very approximate idea of your current skills.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

by joaof92 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:15 pm
@Brent@GMATPrepNow

Thank you so much for the feedback, is great to hear motivational quotes! Of course I was not happy with the results, but I believe that I'm going to improve a lot my score with this program. I truly believe that what is not knowledge that's lowering my results - Is my lack of practice, my misunderstanding of some questions and lack of "techniques" to approach the questions. This is want I want to achieve! this is what I WILL achieve!

--------

Day 3

I did the exams as suggested, and here are the results:

Quantitative: 37
Verbal: 23
Total: 510

(Got 1 in IR - random, of course). Btw, I didn't write the text in Analytical Writing, but I hope that didn't influenced the Total Score.

Self-evaluation: I need to improve a A LOT in the Verbal Section, but the Quantitative is not as bad as I thought. I think that what's killing me are the Data Sufficiency questions. I still don't know the best way to approach those...

And you, dear followers, what DO YOU think of my results? You can be honest and say that I'm I'm a disgrace and I'll never achieve 800! I don't mind as long it's justified.

Day 4

I'll complete until the end of the day, but like it's only reading I don't have a lot to say about it

----------

Thank you for following me! Your constant feedback is very important to succeed in my mission :)

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:54 pm
Hi joaof92,

510 is a solid baseline score.
You're just beginning your preparation, so you're going to see your score rise with each practice test.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,
Brent

by joaof92 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:08 pm
Brent@GMATPrepNow wrote:Hi joaof92,

510 is a solid baseline score.
You're just beginning your preparation, so you're going to see your score rise with each practice test.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,
Brent
thank you for your feedback. I'm looking forward the next practice test, as I believe that my score will rise a lot!

Day 4

After reading the pages suggested, I believe that the most useful things to retain are the backup approaches the problems. Nevertheless, the whole reading was useful to be more motivated to ace the GMAT.

Note: Day 5 & Day 6 will be done this weekend (alongside with Day 7 & Day 8)... I had a very busy end of week, but i believe I will catch up until Monday

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:05 pm
Good stuff! Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Brent