Ideal Study Plan

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Ideal Study Plan

by aditya1205 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:35 pm
Hi Folks,

First of all want to thank this community as I have been following this community for around 3 months and have got a lot of information.

I'am from an engineering background and had appeared for my GMAT in Sep 2013 , where I scored a dismal 560 (Although all my test scores were in the range of upper 600's). I followed a rigorous preparation plan and had also stopped all social outings and party, But after seeing the score I was shattered, also thought that GMATis not for me as the fees structure for GMAT affiliated top colleges are exorbitant.

But from past couple of months, after talking to few buddies from different B-School I'am planning to restart my GMAT preparation.

I'am presently onsite on a project and will be back to my home country (India) by January and hence am planning to start my preparation once back in India.

Iam targeting a score of 700+, and looking to take GMAT my Mid April, Early May.

Request you all to advise me with the right material, which I could refer to. After going through the blogs I find that there are atleast three good books advised for each section (Quant, SC,CR,RC) apart from OG, that means a total of 13 books, Is it actually required to refer to so many books or there is a compilation of all relevant material in few books.

Please Advise!!
Last edited by aditya1205 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:49 pm
If only books had everything to understand simply from them and apply easily in questions then GMAT wouldn't have been an entry barrier.

GMAT doesn't require a compilation of books and if it were the case then you won't find a better collection of Questions and concepts on GMAT CLUB or Beat the GMAT community

GMAT requires more focus and attention on trap questions... More focus on developing ability to deal with innovatively designed questions...

I wouldn't recommend the self preparation atleast to a working professional so you must take some expert help.

The books that you have mentioned are the standard source of material but the in depth analysis of questions and variations is what will make your knowledge sound to take GMAT with greater efficiency.

For interactive online sessions and free demo class you may contact us.

Prosper!!!
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:51 pm
Hi aditya1205,

Since you've done some studying already, I'd like to know more about what you've done so far:

1) What materials did you use during your first round of studies? Which CATs did you take?
2) What were your scores on each section of the Official GMAT?

The 700+ score is the 90th percentile, which means that 90% of Test Takers either CAN'T or WON'T do what it takes to succeed. One of the problems with a book-heavy study plan is that YOU are ultimately responsible to teach yourself how to handle the GMAT. You can certainly read about tactics and advice, but a book can't make you do work in the proper way and can't adapt to your particular strengths and weaknesses. As such, you might consider investing in a Course of some kind (either Guided Self-Study or Classroom). There are plenty of options to choose from and most GMAT companies offer free resources (practice materials, Trial Accounts, etc.) so that you can try out a product before you buy it. I suggest that you take full advantage of all of the options, then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by [email protected] » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:00 am
Hi Aditya 1205,

I am still preparing for my GMAT but here is what I find useful during my preparation.

S.C:
1.powerscore sentence correction bible.
2.veritas prep. sentence correction(3rd edition)
3.veritas prep. advanced verbal strategy(3rd edition)
4.Perfect score free videos on S.C(you will get those in the website....https://perfect-scores.com/)

C.R:
1.Perfect score free videos on C.R(you will get those on you tube or in the website....https://perfect-scores.com/)
2.veritas prep C.R

R.C:
I haven't finished this part yet. you can check GMAT PREP website. you will get some free video there.........https://www.gmatprepnow.com/prices

Problem solving:
For this section I feel like without MANHATTAN GMAT Books your preparation will never be completed. And after MGMAT Books if you can read the veritas prep book then you don't need to have any other materials in this earth for this section.

D.S:
1.Veritas prep D.S
2.https://www.gmatprepnow.com/prices(YOU WILL GET FREE VIDEO FOR D.S here.)

Here is all from me. Let me know if this helps.

REZA from Bangladesh.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:21 pm
Hi,

Here are few things you can do to do well at GMAT:

1. If you are just starting your preparation, start with a mock test. This will make you familiar with the test format and also help you identify your strong and weak areas

2. If you plan to do self study, get your hands on the best preparatory material available in the market. You can speak to your seniors, get feedback on forums

3. Joining a coaching institute is recommended because it gives a structure to your preparation. Remember cracking GMAT is not just about working hard but working smart as well

4. Make a study time table for yourself that suits you best. You can start with spending 2 hours every day and as you move closer to your test date, start increasing your study hours

5. Keep taking mock tests in real test taking situations. However, more important than taking a mock test is to analyse your performance in the same. If you spend 2 hours on a mock test, spend 6 hours in analysing the same. Figure out ways by which you can continuously keep improving your score
Make sure you stay consistent with your schedule. This is extremely important

6. While you are preparing for GMAT, make sure you have your eyes on the larger goal which is to get an admit from the best schools. A good overall profile is also important apart from a good GMAT score. Consult an expert and make sure you are simultaneously working on making your profile better if required

7. One last advice: Write your GOAL on a piece of paper and paste it in front of your study table. Whenever you feel distracted or low on energy, make sure you look at your GOAL

For any specific queries, please do let us know and we would be happy to help

We are a leading GMAT coaching institute and have guided thousands of students in the their GMAT journey
Know more about us at www.manyagroup.com