This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Admissions help

by lakhank » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:37 pm
Hi Team,

Below is a short description of my profile -->

- GMAT - 620 (2nd attempt)
- TOEFL - 101
- Bachelor of Engg. - Information Technology - 67 % (University of Mumbai)
- Currently having 3 yrs of Wrk Ex with an IT MNC, will be having around 4yrs of Wrk Ex until next august
- Worked with the consultancy team for core business processes
- Have one month of International Experience - Singapore
- Undertook couple of social responsibility events at work.
- Published 2 technical papers in college and won several technical paper presentations at state and national level.

AIM --> To pursue an MBA which helps me to get in to consulting and strategy, thus aiming to do an MBA in somewhat general mgmt.

** Financing the MBA is somewhat a problem for me, thus want to select colgs with trustworthy ROI.

I have shortlisted the colgs according to my profile for an full time MBA, it would be really great if you could give your view on the admission & ROI of these colleges (i.e whether I will kand up with a decent salary)

1) Orflae Colg of Business - Cal Poly State University.

2) University to San Diego - School Of Business Administration.

3) University of San Francisco

4) San Diego State University

5) North Carolina State University - Raleigh

6) Belk College of Business - Charlotte - North Carolina

Will be waiting for your kind reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Lakhan Khushalani

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Hi Lakhan,

Thanks for your post. I actually thought I had responded to you, possibly elsewhere/another board?? ;) But I don't see it now, so in any case-- I'm not quite sure what your position was exactly, but in general you have some solid experience including international exposure... keep in mind that schools will assess more deeply into your profile too... examples of leadership; teamwork; people & project management... your activities and passions and commitment. Your rationale for your goals. Your GMAT may be enough, or close, for those schools... but again the schools will assess the entire picture of who you are and what you bring to the table, so your essays and recommendations and potential interviews will have a big impact as well.

With regard to the likely post-MBA jobs and salaries, you can actually review the employment statistics on each school's website to get a good feel for that, and you can view average GMAT scores and other class profile stats with regard to admission on the sites too, as well as on sites like Businessweek.com and US News & World Report rankings.

Good luck with the process!
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by lakhank » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:47 pm
Hi Jenk,

Thanks for your advice !

Will work on the employment statistics and essays.

Have a Nice Day.

Regards,
Lakhan Khushalani

GMAT/MBA Expert

by mbaMissionJenK » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:44 pm
You are most welcome!
Jennifer Kedrowski
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:50 am
lakhank wrote:Hi Team,

Below is a short description of my profile -->

- GMAT - 620 (2nd attempt)
- TOEFL - 101
- Bachelor of Engg. - Information Technology - 67 % (University of Mumbai)
- Currently having 3 yrs of Wrk Ex with an IT MNC, will be having around 4yrs of Wrk Ex until next august
- Worked with the consultancy team for core business processes
- Have one month of International Experience - Singapore
- Undertook couple of social responsibility events at work.
- Published 2 technical papers in college and won several technical paper presentations at state and national level.

AIM --> To pursue an MBA which helps me to get in to consulting and strategy, thus aiming to do an MBA in somewhat general mgmt.

** Financing the MBA is somewhat a problem for me, thus want to select colgs with trustworthy ROI.

I have shortlisted the colgs according to my profile for an full time MBA, it would be really great if you could give your view on the admission & ROI of these colleges (i.e whether I will kand up with a decent salary)

1) Orflae Colg of Business - Cal Poly State University.

2) University to San Diego - School Of Business Administration.

3) University of San Francisco

4) San Diego State University

5) North Carolina State University - Raleigh

6) Belk College of Business - Charlotte - North Carolina

Will be waiting for your kind reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Lakhan Khushalani
Hi Lakhan,

On the basis of the given information please find the comments below:

1) Orflae Colg of Business - Cal Poly State University. Would not recommend for MBA programs.

2) University to San Diego - School Of Business Administration. You can apply chances of admit will be more than 80%

3) University of San Francisco - You can apply chances of admit will be more than 80%

4) San Diego State University - You can apply chances of admit will be more than 80%

5) North Carolina State University - Raleigh - You can apply chances of admit will be 50 to 80%

6) Belk College of Business - Charlotte - North Carolina - You can apply chances of admit will be more than 80%

For your profile you can also look at schools like Babson College , University of Pittsburgh, Iowa State University , North Carolina State University etc.

Hope the above information was helpful. Please do let us know if you would need to know anything further.

We at The Princeton Review - Manya Abroad are a leading GMAT Coaching institute and would be happy to guide you further.

GMAT/MBA Expert

by mbaMissionJenK » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:55 am
Just a note that manyaabroadtpr is not associated with mbaMission; this is the 'Ask mbaMission' board fyi. ;)
Jennifer Kedrowski
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]