I cracked SC and scored 40 in Verbal

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

I cracked SC and scored 40 in Verbal

by Rina 477 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:27 pm
My score is 730(Q 49, V40). I found sentence correction the toughest on GMAT. I tried everything from cramming Idiom list to SC rules. Even tried hard to learn from Manhattan sentence correction. It all worked but not much. I wasted around two months on all this.

Then I attended classes at Logibond taken by Pratibha Paliwal. She taught us how to focus on the content of the sentence to find out errors. Best part was to learn what kind of grammatical errors should be used for process of elimination and what kind of errors should be ignored.

Pratibha Ma'am also told the most frequently tested idioms on GMAT along with their correct usage. What I enjoyed the most was that she makes even the toughest concept of grammar eg. use of 'ing' , modifiers so easy to understand.

I wish I got this training earlier. My SC accuracy improved from 60% to 90-100%. Even my RC and CR improved a lot. I'm extremely happy with my GMAT verbal score of 40.

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:24 am
Outstanding score... Congratulations!!!

Prosper!!!
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour