Profile Review :GMAT score 650 : Jan '15 intake

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:650
Hi All

I have appeared for GMAT twice- each time scoring 650, with fluctuation of two points in Verbal n Quant in the 2 attempts-
28 August 2014 - V 35 Q44 AW 5.0 IR 2
11 February 2014- V 37 Q42 AW 5.0 IR 5

So i want to know what are my options , i feel i can improve my score but that i can reappear only in December not sooner, so i am afraid i will miss the boat for another year.

Please suggest where i can apply , where i have a real chance of getting in , i dont want to apply blindly-

My Profile-
Age - 26yrs
Gender - Female
Graduate - in Dental Surgery
Relevant Work Ex- HR Manager- 3 yrs in IT company
Nationality- Indian
Best GMAT Score - 650

My dream school is ISB , i would prefer an Indian B school but not the second tier ones ,
However, I am open to travel abroad for education.

Please advise.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:28 pm
Hello

ISB has an average GMAT of 700 and the tier one B-Schools abroad also have a average GMAT of 700+.
650 may a little low of ISB especially with a low quant score. If you are planning to apply to schools abroad, applying with 4 - 5 years of work experience will only work in your favour. so applying next year is not a problem.

You can offset your GMAT to some extent with a good GPA. what is your undergrad GPA?

You have not given the details of your work experience. As an HR manager, what are your achievements and other highlights? Any extracurricular activities? Also, what are your post MBA-goals?

I would advise you to retake GMAT to improve your chances of getting in ISB and other top schools abroad.

With the current score you can apply to a few schools in Canada - Schulich, UBC - Sauder and HEC Montreal. Few other schools in Europe and Asia that you can consider are - NUS Business School, SDA Bocconi, St Gallen, Cranfield School of Management.

www.InterviewBay.com
Application Reviews & Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your Target B-School