E MBA VS MBA

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

E MBA VS MBA

by jayaramgokul » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:48 pm
Hi Ma'am,

Once again I need as small opinion from you on this matter. I want to know exactly how different an E MBA is from an MBA degree?

By difference I mean in terms of perceived quality and credibility from an employers view point,academic prospects and other such parameters. Does the fact that such part time programs select more seasoned applicants( has less restrictions on age) has anything to do with the intended quality of such programs?

On the whole I would like to know if I were to take an E MBA rather than an MBA would I be differentiated from an MBA grad in stances relating to caliber or quality or even when it comes to a situation where both an MBA and an EMBA student are applying for the same job.

Do you think that in such situations an MBA student would have an upper hand than the E MBA student just because of the fact that one was a part time course? Has there been instances, like this or unlike this?

I sincerely hope that you can clarify my issue here.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:13 pm
Hi there,

The executive MBA is generally designed for a more-experienced individual... varies by school but usually 7-12 years at a minimum; who will be continuing to work while completing the MBA. Many are sponsored by their companies. At the end of the program, you'd receive an MBA from whatever program so the more reputable the b-school and university, the more prestigious in general. There are not too many who could consider either full time or executive... usually based on some of those points you'll be best suited for one or the other. An Executive MBA generally has a strong reputation though, again especially from top schools. Good luck on your research and decisions.
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:52 am
jayaramgokul wrote:Hi Ma'am,

Once again I need as small opinion from you on this matter. I want to know exactly how different an E MBA is from an MBA degree?

By difference I mean in terms of perceived quality and credibility from an employers view point,academic prospects and other such parameters. Does the fact that such part time programs select more seasoned applicants( has less restrictions on age) has anything to do with the intended quality of such programs?

On the whole I would like to know if I were to take an E MBA rather than an MBA would I be differentiated from an MBA grad in stances relating to caliber or quality or even when it comes to a situation where both an MBA and an EMBA student are applying for the same job.

Do you think that in such situations an MBA student would have an upper hand than the E MBA student just because of the fact that one was a part time course? Has there been instances, like this or unlike this?

I sincerely hope that you can clarify my issue here.
Hi,

An EMBA definitely has an upper hand and more weight age in comparison to a regular MBA for the fact that EMBA will give you more exposure, a different crowd, seniors probably having more than 7 years work experience. The EMBA degree has no doubt a stronger calibre. However, doing the full time module of EMBA will be more beneficial. I will not recommend you doing a part time course as it won't help much. Further, pursuing the EMBA from a reputed B-School is advisable.

Hope the above information is helpful. Let us know if you need to know anything else. We would be happy to guide.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:58 am
Just a note that manyaabroadtpr is not associated with mbaMission; this is the 'Ask mbaMission' board fyi. ;)

Also note that many E-MBAs ARE designed to be part-time in nature in that students continue their work during the program and many are in fact sponsored by their companies to do so, even top global schools, so I am not sure that was an accurate comment on part time EMBAs as that tends to be how many are structured.
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders