Canadian MBA - Rotman vs McGill vs Sauder

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

Canadian MBA - Rotman vs McGill vs Sauder

by fermar84 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:02 pm
Hi, I am very interested in doing my MBA in Canada and my short list of B-schools is the one named in the topic. I love the program of the three schools, there is something that makes each one of the Unique, however I would like to receive an additional advise if possible. For the McGill and Sauder programs, I like the fact that they are small so you get to know all other students. For the Rotman MBA I like the ranking and that fact that it is in Toronto, a major financial market.

What do you think? Can you offer some additional insights? I searched on the Internet but the posts are too old.

Thanks in advance,
FM

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:53 am
Hello

It is true that McGill and Sauder have a smaller class size with over a 100 students as opposed to the 660+ students in Rotman. But you should not consider this factor alone in deciding schools. There are many other factors to take into consideration. Though McGill and Sauder have a relatively low tuition fees, the average salary package of Rotman post MBA is much higher. About 90 - 100 % students receive financial aid at McGill and Sauder with the average scholarship amount being 12k and 19 k respectively. At Sauder more than 30% receive scholarships and there are many scholarships available for international students as well. You should also give preference to schools based on the top recruiting industry at the schools. Consulting is the top industry at McGill with finance, marketing, strategy and tech being the top areas of study. At Rotman financial services is the top industry with Entrepreneurship the top area of study followed by leadership, finance and strategy. At Sauder, top industry is financial services followed by technology, consulting and natural resources.

Hope this helps

www.interviewbay.com

Application Reviews & Mock Interviews by Alumni of your Target B-school

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by Michael Moses » Mon May 04, 2015 10:57 am
Hi Guys,

Our latest admissions blog post can give you a better sense of the student community experience here at Rotman. 350 students ends up feeling more like 35. :-)
https://inside.rotman.utoronto.ca/admiss ... lose-knit/