Where to study?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Where to study?

by christianardy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:18 am
Hi I had just finished my bachelor degree in medicine, and willing to take an MBA degree.
I live permanently in Indonesia, and confused whether I should take the MBA in the States or in China? To be honest, I prefer China because China is the number 1 country right now and there will be many opportunities there.

One more thing, does anyone know any decent b-school in Shanghai that does not require any work experience?

Please give some insights because I am really stuck right now as I do not know what to do.

THANK YOU

GMAT/MBA Expert

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by AdmitPitch » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:35 am
You should choose schools where you are comfortable and have higher chances of placements. I think China offers many opportunities in this regard and could be a good fit.

In addition to GMAT, what is important is to admissions process is your pitch (story why schools should look at your profile), what makes you unique - career plan, leadership/team skills, why MBA now, why specific business school?

Admitpitch is a based leading MBA consulting firm which provides unbiased views. We are a team of MBAs from top 40 business schools from US and Asia. Do reach out to us for a free profile assessment or any queries related to MBA admissions, do email us at [email protected]
Admit Pitch,
MBA Admission Consultants
https://www.admitpitch.com/
US | UK | China | India
Schedule a 60 minute free assessment, send your resume at [email protected]
We do offer flexi-payment options

by Jacob003 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:20 am
Here are some tips for getting started about where to study and save your time these are:
Study in chunks
Use daylight hours
Rank your three classes
Study actively
Find the right place to study

by Jacob003 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:42 am
You can try on of these"
Harvard Business School
Stanford Graduate School of Business
London Business School Featured business school
University of Pennsylvania: Wharton
Columbia Business School

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:15 am
Hello.

Some of the best business schools in China are - Beijing International MBA, Peking University (BiMBA), China Europe International Business School (CEIBS), HKUST Business School, Fudan University - School of Management, CUHK Business School, Tsinghua University, School of Economics & Management and Peking University - Guanghua MBA. The duration of the full-time MBA program at these universities varies from 14- 24 months. The average work experience varies from 5 - 7 years. CEIBS and Fudan University - SOM are the best schools of business in Shanghai. The average GMAT ranges from 650 - 690.

Harvard, Stanford and MIT do not require any specific number of years of work experience and have admitted fresh graduates with exceptional profiles. You can check out the Harvard 2+2 program. Most of these schools will require at least two to three years of full time work experience. Unfortunately there are no good schools in shanghai that do not require work experience.

With a graduate degree in medicine, do you plan to pursue MBA with a concentration in healthcare? Tell me about your undergrad GPA and your post MBA goals and it will be easier for me to suggest schools suited to your profile. China has good business schools but US has some of the best business schools in the world. You can also check out business schools in Singapore - INSEAD, NUS Business School and Nanyang Business School as you will have excellent opportunities in Singapore as well.

I suggest you get a few years of full time work experience if you are fixated on applying to business schools in China. You can go through this article to know about the kind of work experience business schools expect from you https://www.interviewbay.com/blog/typica ... applicants

All the best

www.interviewbay.com

Application Reviews & Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your Target B-School

by dorothystivers » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:52 am
This was the same issue I was facing when I was in UAE then I preferred to enroll in uae part time mba in order to get quality education while sitt and I would advice you to consider the same in your country your country..

by Sean Phillip » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:53 am
To study there are many options but now acquiring education is very easy. One can study online too and can complete his/her education. There are thousands of portals online from where one can study. I completed my bachelors online by registering myself at the following website, it has proved to be very helpful throughout my bachelors program
www.lifeexperiencedegreetoday.com/lifeexperience/

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:48 am
If you are looking for programs that do not require work experience you might wish to investigate Masters of Management programs as well. The important criterion is to research post-degree employment so you will be able to obtain a position in your chosen career.

Good luck,
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.

by ritika » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:18 am
Hello everyone,
I have 4 yrs of work experience in the finance sector. After a lot of thought I have decided that I need to pursue my MBA in order to boost my career. However my dilemma lies in should I pursue my higher education from abroad or do I do it from India itself. What is the difference between Indian b schools and international b schools? Which is better?

by naina iyer » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:22 am
Hey the answer to your question relies on where you would like to live. Very honestly studying abroad is a very expensive deal. Most of the students who study abroad find a job there and settle. Are you the one who wants to live in India or opt for a lifestyle somewhere abroad? In case you plan to work in India long-term then it makes sense that you take up MBA from an Indian institute. The colleges in India will help you build up a networking circle with your classmates, alumni and faculty. This network will help you at various corporate ladders. You will be aware about the past, present and the occurring Indian market situations.

by ritika » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:24 am
Most of my friends have mentioned that an MBA degree from abroad upholds higher value than the one in India, is it the fact?

by naina iyer » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:26 am
NO, that's completely untrue! What matters the most is the university you pursue your MBA from. An MBA from a good university in India would have more preference than an MBA from an average university abroad. The benefit that you would get from studying abroad is direct global exposure.

by ritika » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:27 am
Other factors? Like what, how will they benefit?

by naina iyer » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:28 am
Be it a local or a global Bschool, other factors include the MBA fees, post degree salary, placements, course value, academics and accreditations. If you are willing to spend money and think that the college you are applying to is worth the investment then go ahead with it. It is a great experience to study abroad. Considering all these factors will help you select a credible Bschool. However if you are tight on financials you may want to consider a good bschool in India.

by ritika » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:29 am
Thank you for your suggestions!