GMAT STUDY PLAN

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

GMAT STUDY PLAN

by november22 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:16 am
I'm starting my gmat study from today and writing my exam on January 23, 2015.
I'm using 9 manhattan, 3 official guides and 6 manhattan cats, 2 free mba.com cats and 2 additional cats+90 practise questions+additional practise questions from mba.com+gmat write for essay.

First I'll study all these and do cats and then I'll review all.

My question is do I need to review 9 manhattan guides and 3 official guides again after its studied.

Second is this material good enough to read 750

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:47 am
Hi november22,

I think that you've asked some of these questions before; the advice that you're likely to receive won't change though.

Here is how you can adjust your plan to help you to better achieve your goal:

1) Trying to learn/practice/memorize all of the material BEFORE you take any CATs is a bad idea (it's also unrealistic).
2) CATs are great tools to help you measure your progress and discover your weak areas (so you can fix the weak areas sooner rather than later). You should plan to take CATs at regular intervals throughout your studies (1 CAT every 1-2 weeks, give or take).
3) Review (of the CATs, past work, old practice problems, etc.) is a BIG part of studying for the GMAT. You ask if you'll need to review 12 books worth of information (among other sources) after reading through the material just once? The answer is YES. Expect to review and plan for it.

A 750 on the GMAT requires an exceptional performance on your part. Unfortunately, there is no "perfect combination" of study materials that will guarantee you anything. The materials that you listed COULD be enough, if you do the necessary work to master all of the material. The GMAT is remarkably good at giving you the score that you EARN, so the better question is "what are YOU will to do to earn that score?"

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by BestGMATEliza » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:41 am
When going through the manhattan guides, I would also suggest that you take detailed notes, especially when going through SC and quant stuff because there are so many equations and rules you need to memorize and keep track of. You will definitely need to review these periodically as well and I would recommend creating a cheat sheet for quant and sc after finishing all the guides. The simple act of creating one will help you visualize and remember things.
Eliza Chute
Best GMAT Prep Courses
GMAT course comparison and reviews
Your one stop for all your GMAT studying needs!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:54 am
Since you already have the MGMAT guides, you might consider signing up for Beat The GMAT's free 60-Day Study Guide (https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-guide). Over 40,000 Beat The GMAT students have already done so.
Each day, you'll receive an email with a series of learning activities that guide you, step-by-step, from Day 1 to test day. This will ensure that you will cover everything that the GMAT tests.

Here's an outline of all 60 emails: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-guide-outline

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com