GMAT Prep CR

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

GMAT Prep CR

by Md Raihan Uddin » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:05 pm
Shipping Clerk: The five specially ordered shipments sent out last week were sent out on Thursday. Last week, all of the shipments that were sent out on Friday consisted entirely of building supplies, and the shipping department then closed for the weekend. Four shipments were sent to Truax Construction last week, only three of which consisted of building supplies.

If the shipping clerk's statements are true, which of the following must also be true?

A. At least one of the shipments sent to Truax Construction last week was specially ordered.
B. At least one of last week's specially ordered shipments did not consist of building supplies.
C. At least one of the shipments sent to Truax Construction was not sent out on Thursday of last week.
D. At least one of the shipments that were sent out on Friday of last week was sent to Truax Construction.
E. At least one of the shipments sent to Truax Construction last week was sent out before Friday.
OA is E

Comcorp Shipping Clerk: Last week, no shipments of building supplies were sent out on friday. The five specially ordered shipments sent out last week were sent out on Thursday, and each of those specially ordered shipments consisted entirely of building supplies. Four shipments were sent to Truax Construction last week, none of which consisted of building supplies.

If the shipping clerk's statements are true, which of the following must also be true?

a. All of Comcorp's shipments of building supplies last week were specially ordered.
b. None of Comcorp's shipments sent on friday of last week was sent to Truax Construction.
c. None of the shipments sent by Comcorp by Truax Construction last week was specially ordered.
d. None of Comcorp's shipments sent on thursday of last week was sent to Truax Cons
truction.
e. All of Comcorp's shipments of building supplies last week were sent out on thursday.
OA -C

These two questions are tough to me. I have found the right in both the questions but spent more than 3 minutes for each. I need expert help to do these type of questions quickly.

Actually language is confusing here. What should be the approach?