B-Schools for Product Management

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

B-Schools for Product Management

by itsmeuknw » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:25 am
Hello,

I am looking for Product Management profile (software security industry) after MBA.
My GMAT score is 750 (Q-50, VA-41). Currently employed with reputed Software Security firm.
I have 3 years of work ex with decent acads and profile.

I am targeting schools in US.
For me scholarship is critical and hence I am not targeting schools in top 10 list
(Given my average profile).

I need some help to figure out list of schools that provide scholarships and can be
in range with my GMAT and profile.

Any help or link to the resource would be great.

Thanks!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by MBA Decoder » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:10 am
Hi there,

Good academic credentials and achievements in personal/professional sphere (all-roundness in profile) help in securing a scholarship. You have a great GMAT score, which can help in getting some money, but we don't know your profile completely, so its going to be difficult to comment further.

A lot of b-schools can get you that role in product management- look at the employment reports of colleges from top 15-40 (Business week rankings). We can help you to select some b-schools.

Feel free to contact us for an indepth discussion.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:48 am
Hello

You have a very good GMAT score, and this helps if you are applying with an average GPA. A key question you will have to answer in your essays is why you want to pursue an MBA at this stage. What is your current field of work, why do you want to shift to a product management profile and how will an MBA help you in it?

It is easier to suggest schools if you tell me more about your GPA, work experience and extracurricular activities. Here are some schools in the top -25 that you can take a look at as they offer quite a lot of scholarships. Virginia Darden has about 65 full scholarships with 69% students receiving aid. UCB - Haas has 32 full scholarships with 69% students receiving aid. UNC Chapel hill has 89 full scholarships with 71% students receiving aid. UCLA - Anderson has 31 full scholarships with 71% students receiving scholarships. UT- Austin has 12 full scholarships with 72% students receiving them. Notre Dame has 47 full scholarships with 85% students receiving aid. Vanderbilt University offers some scholarships to about 88% of their class. 80% receive scholarships at Ohio Fischer. You can shortlist schools based on the specialization you are looking for.

You can take a look at this article to get an idea of the scholarships available for international students - https://www.interviewbay.com/blog/25-sch ... l-students

All the best
www.interviewbay.com
Application Reviews & Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your Target Business School