Re-applying after 2 yrs to program to which I was admitted

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi All,
I am an International applicant and was admitted to an US MBA program, starting in spring of 2013, but wasn't able to join due to visa/passport related issues.
I am planning to apply again this year to the same program, but as more than 2 yrs have passed, admission office of the school informed me that my application for this year has to meet all the requirements (essays and recommendations) that are there for a new applicant. Only my GMAT score and transcripts from 2012 will be re-used.
Hence I wanted to check whether I can re-use some of the the essays that I have submitted in 2012?
Also as I need to submit 2 recommendations I am planning to get 1 new reco but for the second one can I ask the person who has provided recommendation for me in 2012 to submit similar (if not same) recommendation again?
Will the admission committee validate my new application data (especially the recos and essays) with the ones that I have submitted in 2012 even though they are asking me to apply as a new applicant?

Any help/suggestion/feedback in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:48 pm
That's a good question. It would be unwise to assume they won't (they probably will). Essay wise - has so little changed in your life that you can't write about new things or pull different examples? If your thought process has stayed the same, brick for brick, as 2 years ago - that's not saying a lot for you!

From a recommendation standpoint, if the person who wrote it 2 years ago never worked with you again, then they could perhaps leverage a fair bit of what they wrote. But if they continued to know you then that should be reflected.

Hope that helps!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Prashi82 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:01 am
Thanks Bhavik, your response makes sense.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:03 am
You're welcome - good luck!
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!