What all good colleges can I apply with 600 Score

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I have got 600 in GMAT and have 4 yrs of experience in Deloitte Consulting .I have done my Bachelors degree in Information Science.I am into supply chain management . Can you please let me know what all colleges I can apply .

Regards,
Garima

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:16 am
garimap wrote:Hi,

I have got 600 in GMAT and have 4 yrs of experience in Deloitte Consulting .I have done my Bachelors degree in Information Science.I am into supply chain management . Can you please let me know what all colleges I can apply .

Regards,
Garima
Hi Garima

There are a lot of things which go into deciding which colleges you should target like career goals, work responsibilities, academics as well as test scores. What kind of work are in involved in with Deloitte. Also are you looking at retaking your GMAT as you would be able to look at better schools.

With 600 you can look at the following schools:
1. North Eastern University
2. Bason College
3. UC-Boulder
4. USC-Moore
5. CUNY Baruch

Hope this helps

Thanks
Manya Abroad

Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:21 am

Regards,
Garima

Hello Garima

Your GMAT score is quite low for all good MBA programs in supply chain management. The average GMAT for these programs is above 650. However some of these schools have accepted students with low GMAT who had an excellent overall profile and GPA with a strong quant background. Tell me more about your undergrad GPA and work experience so I can give more pertinent suggestions.

Some of the top rated schools in the US for supply chain management are MIT - Sloan, Michigan State - Broad, Arizona State - Carey, Carnegie Mellon - Tepper, Stanford GSB, Rutgers - Flex, Wharton, Ohio - Fisher, Michigan - Ross and Purdue - Krannert. Only UT Knoxville has a low average GMAT of 608.

Supply chain management is the most popular concentration at Rutgers - Flex with 60 students enrolled each year and over 70 companies coming for placement including Apple, Pfizer and Johnson and Johnson. While writing your application essays, if possible, discuss your skills in negotiating, process improvement and supplier management as these are expected in applicants for this concentration. You also need to have some basics in finance, accounting, human resource management and marketing. Highlight your expertise in these areas to show that you will make a perfect supply chain management MBA student at the school.

If you plan to apply to Wharton, MIT Sloan, Tepper and Wharton you will most certainly need a GMAT of 690+. For the other schools, only a superlative profile and GPA can get you in with your current score. To improve your chances of making it to any of the good schools, I suggest you retake GMAT and apply with an improved score. Focus on improving your quant score.

This e-book can probably help you in creating a stellar application for business schools: https://www.interviewbay.com/mba/how-to- ... -ebook.php

All the best
www.interviewbay.com
Application Reviews & Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your Target B-School

Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:21 am
Hi Garima,

It depends on your post MBA career goals, which sector you want to get into post MBA, please let me know about your career goals, which will help to shortlist right set of B-Schools based on your profile. You can also try our B-School Selector Tool by clicking here https://goo.gl/LVWTay

Regards,
Manish
www.genedmba.com

Regards,
Garima

Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:48 pm
Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, your score is probably too low for the top 30. You might be able to squeak into some schools in the 30-50 range if the rest of your application is impeccable. Seems like your work experience is good. What was your gpa in undergrad? How are your extracurriculars? You get the idea, make sure everything else is top notch.

by PassEdge » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:37 pm
If you can really sell your work experience, shoot for the stars.

by Aldis01 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:59 am
Some Good Colege Are -:
Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad
Institute of Technology & Management (ITM), Navi Mumbai Mumbai
MS Ramaiah Institute of Management - MSRIM Bangalore

Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:26 pm
Your score is probably too low for the top 30. You might be able to squeak into some schools in the 30-50 range if the rest of your application is absolutely impeccable. Seems like your work experience is good. What was your gpa in undergrad? How are your extracurriculars? You get the idea, make sure everything else is top notch.
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!