Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Development

by HARII » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:11 am
HI

I'm from India

UG : B.Tech(Information Technology)
Grade :6.85/10

Work-ex : 6 Months(as of now)

I have planned to apply to B-schools full-time MBA from one among the top 50 B-schools,

After 2 years I would be having 24 months experience in the area of recruitment

1. What can I do to improve my profile in next 2 years
2. Who would be the ideal GMAT score for me?

Will it be good for me to pursue MIM in college like ESCP and then go for a MBA.

Kindly suggest

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:14 am
Hello,

Good for you for planning ahead. ;) Often people either go for the MiM, earlier in their career... OR the MBA after 3-6 years of full time experience. Not that you can't do both, but there is some overlap and similarities so if you're early in your career making that assessment you may want to do further research (lots of great info out there you'll find on comparing the two) and aim for the option you think best suits you.

In terms of strengthening your profile... aim to take on leadership roles at work and even outside of work as much as is possible. See what you can do in terms of making an impact on people, projects, your organization. Go above and beyond your duties at work. Get involved in the community. Research your career options. Nail that GMAT!

No real reason to aim for one certain score on the GMAT... you want to do as well as you can! I recommend a full preparation course if possible. As for what scores are competitive, each school publishes that on their website, or on rankings lists like US News & World Report.

Good luck to you !
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders